Second Skin Audio

Interior box glassing necessary?

Just looking for some opinions here. Just built by first box for my 2-15" Skars, used a single layer of 3/4" MDF, glued, screwed, and caulked. Should I have added a few layers of glass to the inside? How much "Could" I be losing from not glassing?? This isnt a huge power system by any means! Just a nice daily driver. Just want to get all I can out of what I have.

Also, (And this is where the Skar haters come out..Hehehehe) The subs dont seem to be playing the low notes well. Most likely its just me wanting it to be super loud butttt...

box is pretty much built to the sub specs, 6.2 Cubes, Slot port, tuned to 34Hz. SS is set at 28. The subs are IVXs...Maybe they just dont play the lows like id want??

And if anyone has any other secrets or tricks they could like to share....BRING IT!!!! :))))

Thanks guys!

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

No...:-/. This is going to be one of those things I look back on and wish I took my time with.....

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Archived