my random thought of the day - 7/8/2013

^^^

See now, take what he said there at the end, now what if he was talking about Westborough Baptist church. they say hateful mean nasty things, they should die in a fire.

But all those freedoms you are going on about, let them be total douchbags. they have the freedom and right to say all those things. That is my point. Just cause it offends someone doesn't mean it should not be allowed.

I'm not saying anything should be anything, i'm not taking any sides, I'm not saying someone has to act a certain way, i am asking a question.

All i want to know is where do you draw the line and who makes that decision? When do you say, freedom does not cover this thing or that thing?

If we allow groups like WBC, who else do we allow? what actions can they take, how far can you push freedom before it goes too far?

so figured i would do another random thought of the day post.

so todays random thought of the day is about freedom and rights.

it seems that people dont truly understand rights and freedoms. people go on about the country being founded on freedom of religion, yet are completely intolerant of other religions. people go on about the right to happiness, yet the same people are dead against gay marriage.

these types of people are what we call hypocrites. people these days are all about freedoms and rights, so long as it applies to their personal definition of said freedom, or said right. one of the most misunderstood things about freedoms and rights, is that you have to respect these freedoms and rights even as they apply to lifestyles other than your own, and that you may personally disagree with.

This right here is what i am talking about. You have to respect that some people will never like gay marriage and never accept it. Some people will be total asshats, and you just have to let them be.

You two are ridiculous. You fail at logic and then equate homosexuality to incest and rape. This is exactly what I stated in the earlier post. Should I quote that?

Let me see if I can do this slowly for you.

Not anywhere in this thread has anyone said a religion has to be ok with gay marriage. Why. In. The. World. Do. You. Keep. Assuming. That??!!??

The freedom that allows a religion to not be ok with it is perfectly fine. But that freedom is double sided, it doesn't have to be ok with a religion to be fair. There is no logical reason when thinking about freedom and equality you are barring gay marriage. Once again, no one cares if people are ok with it. That's not the point. This country is to be free, and separate from religious oppression and yet equality is lost because the people who are spouting freedom only agree with their freedom.

It's really not a complex notion to understand that even though I'm not gay, and raised in a family that does not condone gay marriage for religious beliefs, believes that regardless of what religion believes, it is unjust. But maybe for some it truly is. I'd like to see whatever impossible assumptions you make now. First murder, then incest. What's next?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I do like topics like these. Some have become so taboo they have no form of communications, and without those topics being discussed ever they will never be resolved. Some are too extreme to be discussed civilly so I greatly appreciate those with differing opinions who are able to debate with me without turning this into a shitfest

I do like topics like these. Some have become so taboo they have no form of communications, and without those topics being discussed ever they will never be resolved. Some are too extreme to be discussed civilly so I greatly appreciate those with differing opinions who are able to debate with me without turning this into a shitfest

i plan to do more of these in the future. hopefully people will be able to keep it civil.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

No one ever said insest, I never said the brother and sister would have sex, i said they could get married. Different thing.

You keep assuming that i am saying religion set the laws in this country, how are you reading that from what i am saying?

Religions don't set laws, congress does. So what the hell does it matter if a religion does not allow gay marriage? They have the freedom to do so and you have to respect that and accept it. How is that so hard to understand?

edit;

also, keep in mind i am using a level calm tone of voice here, please don;t read it as angry. lol

Religions don't set laws, congress does. So what the hell does it matter if a religion does not allow gay marriage? They have the freedom to do so and you have to respect that and accept it. How is that so hard to understand?

this comes back to separation of church and state, which is also another hilariously entertaining thing these days. but since you guys are on the topic of gay marriage...

it amazes me that christians want separation of church and state by demanding that government not legalize gay marriage. yet, they are completely contradicting themselves by demanding that. they only want separation of church and state when its in their favor. they dont want the government involved in their church, but they want their church involved in government.

Owner of BigAss Ports

And THAT is where you are so wrong. Congress set the law...based off of religious belief. So, how does a country who fought for freedom separated from religious oppression religiously oppress people? Ergo, the original post, and the notion that you are only free if you choose their freedom. Which is a gross hypocrisy. Hopefully you can connect the dots.

And sorry, but to prove my point even more...why cannot siblings get married? What would that be considered? Please don't tell me you don't call that incest...

And sorry, but to prove my point even more...why cannot siblings get married? What would that be considered? Please don't tell me you don't call that incest...

this is all dependent upon culture. in some places it is illegal, some places it is frowned upon, some places it will get you killed, some places it is considered traditional.

Owner of BigAss Ports

Yeah. I was just amused he said what's next, a brother marrying his sister and then said that's not incest, lol

Archived