my random thought of the day - 7/8/2013

so figured i would do another random thought of the day post.

so todays random thought of the day is about freedom and rights.

it seems that people dont truly understand rights and freedoms. people go on about the country being founded on freedom of religion, yet are completely intolerant of other religions. people go on about the right to happiness, yet the same people are dead against gay marriage.

these types of people are what we call hypocrites. people these days are all about freedoms and rights, so long as it applies to their personal definition of said freedom, or said right. one of the most misunderstood things about freedoms and rights, is that you have to respect these freedoms and rights even as they apply to lifestyles other than your own, and that you may personally disagree with.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Sadly it's ingrained into the American society and encouraged by the mainstream mentality.

Even in church, you're free to live as long as you believe what they say. You're free to choose as long as you choose God's commandments. It seems difficult for some people to understand their belief and tolerance are two separate things.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

^^^Agree fully. Especially on Gay marriage... if you have a problem with it, then don't marry a person of the same sex. I bet people would get pissed if they made a law that said only Catholics could marry, other religions are banned....yeah there would be an uproar....but people are blinded by this hatred that has no legs to stand on in a logical argument.

Anyone in the car audio community should understand being hated on blindly....enough that you should all support equality when it comes to a couple being married. Being into audio, a good chunk of the population blindly hates us the moment we say "bass" even if you have the worlds nicest SQ system, you say subwoofer and people lump you into the "full tilt at stoplights, rattle shit" crowd.

People are so quick to judge/hate even though they are different then anyone else too..

I know this isn't hte gay marriage post but had a little rant I guess.

GREAT idea of the day Hugh, it applies to so much shit in peoples lives. Much more then just gay marriage.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Exactly Teamht...You ARE FREE to believe exactly what "WE" tell you..

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I always equated it to...

Not supporting gay marriage because it's against your belief is like saying no one can have ice cream because you're on a diet.

^^^Agree fully. Especially on Gay marriage... if you have a problem with it, then don't marry a person of the same sex. I bet people would get pissed if they made a law that said only Catholics could marry, other religions are banned....yeah there would be an uproar....but people are blinded by this hatred that has no legs to stand on in a logical argument.

Anyone in the car audio community should understand being hated on blindly....enough that you should all support equality when it comes to a couple being married. Being into audio, a good chunk of the population blindly hates us the moment we say "bass" even if you have the worlds nicest SQ system, you say subwoofer and people lump you into the "full tilt at stoplights, rattle shit" crowd.

People are so quick to judge/hate even though they are different then anyone else too..

I know this isn't hte gay marriage post but had a little rant I guess.

GREAT idea of the day Hugh, it applies to so much shit in peoples lives. Much more then just gay marriage.

if you think today was great, just wait till tomorrow.....

Owner of BigAss Ports

Well, you speak of tolerance, let me ask this.

When do you draw the line with tolerance? Do you say, "if your beliefs cause pain to others then that can't be allowed?" Do you just let anyone believe what they want no matter what?

i'm not trying to use the whole "slippery slope" argument here, but there are some things I think that should not be.

We do have laws for things like murder, rape, theft and so on, but what are those based on? There has to be some moral guiding principle and then you have to decide who's set of moral are the right ones.

At one point you will step on someones toes, you will impede someones freedom of religion or non-religion.

nothing is ever black/white right/wrong, there are always shades of gray, empty spaces that can't be defined and situations where there is no good solution or answer.

I am just curious how you stand on this issue?

What would be your answer to these situations?

Homosexuality is not an issue of morality. Just to even use rape and murder as an example of what laws should be seems very irrational. Someone else being gay does not harm a person in the slightest.

Morality in other countries and even the bible said it was ok to stone people to death. Morality isn't some constant, it's perception depends on the society. Look at what the Romans did, the Aztecs, the Conquistadors.

Homosexuality is not an issue of morality. Just to even use rape and murder as an example of what laws should be seems very irrational. Someone else being gay does not harm a person in the slightest.

^this

as long as your not hurting or impeding on anyone else.

Owner of BigAss Ports

Archived