Second Skin Audio

budget 4 12' or 2 15' recommendations ?

So I've been toying around with the idea of either doing a budget 2 15" build, or budget 4 12" build. I'm gonna have around 1700-2000 rms, I CAN run the amp at a half ohm, and my electrical will be sufficient for said amount of wattage and final impedance. My question is, and I'm not trying to do a VS thread, but say for the 12s, each sub would be 300-400 rms, or for each 15, the rms would be 400-600 watts rms. I'm looking to tune around to 32 for daily, and I don't know what decent budget subs there are that get decently loud, and nice and low. Budget for either setup would be around 400-500$. What is more reccommended ? And what are some decent budget subs that would fit the "loud and low" criteria, and fit in the budget?

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Also, what would I look at to find a sub that enjoys the lows ? Like the Fs or something like that ?

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Sundown E series or Skar IVX's, either will get loud on low power and go low with no issue.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

hmm I could almost do 3 or 4 of those sundown E series 12's OR 15's... They look pretty promising. A while back I did 4 CVR 12's, and they got pretty loud for what they were. And those E series' have the same Rms.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Not trying to be derogatory but please don't compare sundown to kicker in any form they can handle almost 2x that in clean power. Those e15s would be louder and sound much cleaner than those cvr's could dream of doing. I would go with the 4 e15s :)

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Not trying to be derogatory but please don't compare sundown to kicker in any form they can handle almost 2x that in clean power. Those e15s would be louder and sound much cleaner than those cvr's could dream of doing. I would go with the 4 e15s :)

Haha, no no worries at all. That's just the only comparison I could come up with that I've personally heard. So I figure, same RMS, (if not more), double the cone area, obviously resulting in more output, I feel like those E15s would get down for sure. I've just never personally heard them.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

I can tell you that even though the CVR and E/IVX have the same rating, the soft parts are alot better on the E, and they will they more clean power, and sound better doing it.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I know you've probably heard this a lot, but it will come down to the box and install on how they will really perform. I have 2 sa8v2s in a fourth order and wow do they get down or what! I would recommend a ported box for the e15s but as far as tuning goes, I can't give an accurate suggestion because I don't know your vehicle. The best way to know is know what the peak of your car is and depending on how you invision it to sound will dictate what you need to tune to.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Archived