Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

need ideas for fixing rattle in box


2010gmc

Recommended Posts

Posted

How about a YouTube video? Just link it here

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Posted

Ok ill try that, but the subs just quit while I was playing tones and my amp is off, I didn't have my truck running so I'm hoping that it's because the amp shut off because it wasn't getting the volts it needed

Posted

Sorry bout that.

So it's not your amp.

But when you play it (in the box) does the rattling seem to come from that one specific spot on the box? What I mean is can you hear it come from there or does it seem to come from the cone?

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Posted

I mean it definitely seems to be coming from the box but it seems to be coming from the recessed areas where the magnet or motor or whatever you want to call it, is located in the box but putting pressure on basically any part of the box seems to help the rattle, at this point I'm pretty sure it's just because the box is cheap and not strong enough to withstand the soundwaves

Posted

If that's where it's coming from, you can fiberglass it in. You won't need a ton of it, and there are tons of glassing videos on youtube. I am not a glassing expert by any means, maybe someone else will chime in.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Posted

Well, you may have to build a new box, but if you don't have the room you could always just put a single layer of mat and resin to the entire interior of that box. It won't eat up much displacement and it should give it enough strength to stop the rattle.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 941 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...