Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

need ideas for fixing rattle in box


2010gmc

Recommended Posts

Posted

The only problem i see, is if you resin the part, you may block the pole vent even more than you are now. That could lead to more issues. Guess just get the clay and see what you have to work with.

Posted

Yeah I was thinking that too but the back of the box is slanted so the part that slants away from the magnet will allow air flow, also I should put plastic down in the box to lay the clay on top of right?

Posted

box and magnet. Don't play it, just let it make an impression. Need to see how much clearance you have. If you have at least 1/4 inch, start fiberglassing it.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Posted

Ok so I didn't do the clay because I was lazy but I stacked thin pieces of wood and stuff like that and put the sub in to see the clearance and I think I have almost 3/4 of an inch in the middle and a little over .5 in the shortest part, the other side has more than the middle (because the back piece for the recess is slanted).

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

When I had my subs out, I left the speaker wire laying on the floor and drove my truck, I'm sure they were touching, could that have shorted out the amp or something?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 906 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...