SoImVan Posted July 12, 2013 Report Posted July 12, 2013 Recently I picked up a DD 3518 d4 and I will temporarily have it on a Kicker DX1000.1 wired to 2 ohms. I was looking on the Digital Designs website and they actually have a full box plan for a box for an 18 that is 6 cubes @ 36 hz. Does anyone know if this box will work fine with the 3518? http://ddaudio.com/sites/default/files/media/products/dd_boxes/full_size_box_plans/18_inch/18-6cuft.pdf
DylanBunch Posted July 12, 2013 Report Posted July 12, 2013 I think if dd recommends it, its good lol idk dd subs that well but it might be tuned a little high if you like decaf and lows 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
SoImVan Posted July 12, 2013 Author Report Posted July 12, 2013 I think if dd recommends it, its good lol idk dd subs that well but it might be tuned a little high if you like decaf and lows Yeah. It's tuned for daily purposes obviously, but I've heard that DD subs do well in higher tuned boxes. It seems good to me, just felt weird since it seems like a universal box plan. Just trying to see if the port volume is right and everything.
DylanBunch Posted July 12, 2013 Report Posted July 12, 2013 I think if dd recommends it, its good lol idk dd subs that well but it might be tuned a little high if you like decaf and lowsYeah. It's tuned for daily purposes obviously, but I've heard that DD subs do well in higher tuned boxes. It seems good to me, just felt weird since it seems like a universal box plan. Just trying to see if the port volume is right and everything.yeah I used Rockford fosgates universal box for my t2 15 and it got loud but I didn't like it.. didn't get low enough for me 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
SoImVan Posted July 12, 2013 Author Report Posted July 12, 2013 Well, its an 18 so I'm not super worried about the lows. Haha.
DylanBunch Posted July 12, 2013 Report Posted July 12, 2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50WaWardmJw size doesn't matter. Alllllll in the box 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
SoImVan Posted July 12, 2013 Author Report Posted July 12, 2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50WaWardmJw size doesn't matter. Alllllll in the box Very true.
Joe X Posted July 13, 2013 Report Posted July 13, 2013 The box spec itself will work at least for daily use, that is if it's dimensions and port/sub aimings are adequate for your vehicle.
SoImVan Posted July 13, 2013 Author Report Posted July 13, 2013 The box spec itself will work at least for daily use, that is if it's dimensions and port/sub aimings are adequate for your vehicle. Will it work well, though?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.