Sonic Electronix

I just recently installed a custom made 12'' with a Fi BTL UFO motor. The sub is a dual 1 and is wired down to 2 ohms. The subwoofer is getting incredibly hot very quickly after very short amount of play time and power for that fact. The subwoofer isn't even nearing its full potential. I have a stock front battery with a concept isolator/regulator feeding two kinetik 2400's. The amplifier running it is a Kicker KX2500.1.

Theory 1: I didn't realize the touchscreen I bought is a 2v preout, so therefore I'm having to increase the gain on my amplifier way higher than I've ever had to before, not sure if that is what is causing it.

Theory 2: I had to change my isolator/regulator totally in my new car from my old car. It wouldn't wire up correctly in my chevy cruze so I had to make a regulator. I've realized the front battery will charge the kinetiks like its suppose to, but then the fucking kinetiks will recharge the front battery before the alternator even gets chance to charge the front battery.

Please do not comment about the battery brand or the fact the amplifier is a kicker or anything. Looking for just a legit answer not a lecture on how I should have XS power or anything ( if i didn't already have the kinetiks I'd have XS).

Thank you and please comment as much as you feel. Needing answers asap! Any other theories are very much welcome!

Could be a few things. I would start with taking the isolator out. then check how accurately you set your gains.

Once that is done, check the voltage at your amp when music is playing and see if you have any major voltage drops.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Could be a few things. I would start with taking the isolator out. then check how accurately you set your gains.

Once that is done, check the voltage at your amp when music is playing and see if you have any major voltage drops.

The gains aren't set very accurately I'm assuming considering I'll stick the gain at 1/2 and the sub is hardly moving and gets hot. Also when you say major voltage drop, how much voltage drop are you talking about?

Archived