Sonic Electronix

I'm not sure what that is skulls, cant read it. But, I belive you figure about 50% duty cycle on "D" amps, so two 90amp fuses on music should be around 90amps. 4ga is good to 140amps. I agree though, bigger wire would be better.

Run some 1/0 to a distro block and 4ga to each amp.

But you have one amp wired to 1ohm and the other to 2ohm. That amp should do the same power at 1ohm as it does at 2ohm. Suppose to do 900 watts at 2ohms and 1ohm.

I'm not sure what that is skulls, cant read it. But, I belive you figure about 50% duty cycle on "D" amps, so two 90amp fuses on music should be around 90amps. 4ga is good to 140amps. I agree though, bigger wire would be better.

But you have one amp wired to 1ohm and the other to 2ohm. That amp should do the same power at 1ohm as it does at 2ohm. Suppose to do 900 watts at 2ohms and 1ohm.

both are wired to two ohms, i just have each of the 4ohm subs wired seperatly so they both pull a 2ohm load. (i used sonic electronix wiring guide on youtube for that)

both are wired to two ohms, i just have each of the 4ohm subs wired seperatly so they both pull a 2ohm load. (i used sonic electronix wiring guide on youtube for that)

You cant wire two d4 subs to 2 ohms.

edit:

on your amp, both + and - are the same output. It's just for convienience that there is two of them. You cant bridge the amp, it a mono amp. So if each d4 is wired to 2ohm, then the amp will see 1ohm. Makes me wonder exactly how the 2ohm subs are wired if maybe the other amp might be seeing .5 ohms.

no offense but i have said this now for the third time, sonic electronix shows how to wire ONE 4ohm sub to 2 ohms, SO i wired both separately(NOT TOGETHER) so they both have a 2ohm load. i already knew i couldnt wire it to two

i'd start off by running actual 0 gauge wire from the front batt to the rear batts (and wire rear batts together with 0 gauge as well).

you are probably risking a lot of shit with that single 4 gauge charge line handling EVERYTHING by itself. everything meaning charging the rear two batteries AND having to supply 2 additional amps with current.

no offense but i have said this now for the third time, sonic electronix shows how to wire ONE 4ohm sub to 2 ohms, SO i wired both separately(NOT TOGETHER) so they both have a 2ohm load. i already knew i couldnt wire it to two

you know if you wire 2 subs separately to a monoblock, the ohm load gets halved? two sets of speaker terminals on a monoblock doesn't make it a 2 channel.

2 ohms on one set of + - on the monoblock, and 2 ohms on the other set of + - makes the amp see 1 ohm.

those kenwood amps cannot handle 1 ohm to save their lives.

i'd start off by running actual 0 gauge wire from the front batt to the rear batts (and wire rear batts together with 0 gauge as well).

you are probably risking a lot of shit with that single 4 gauge charge line handling EVERYTHING by itself. everything meaning charging the rear two batteries AND having to supply 2 additional amps with current.

i only have one rear battery, sorry if i didnt explain well enough lol

do you think that was the cause of popping my inline fuse though? its only popping one of them, the other 2 are fine.

i know it would be safer to run it at 0 gauge its just so expensive to have put in my car lol.

i only have one rear battery, sorry if i didnt explain well enough lol

do you think that was the cause of popping my inline fuse though? its only popping one of them, the other 2 are fine.

i know it would be safer to run it at 0 gauge its just so expensive to have put in my car lol.

which fuse is it popping? the charge line running from the front batt to the rear batt?

or the line going to the amp itself?

0 gauge is expensive? man you're in the wrong hobby if you think that $3 a foot wire is expensive.

Archived