Sonic Electronix

New install equipment opinions wanted...

So I gave a demo to a friend of my fiance and now she wants some BOOM! Lol. She has a 2010 Chevy Cobalt. Wants to install an aftermarket CD player along with "Some bass" As she called it. She also said that she wants to keep the price around $500. I guess my question to you guys is, which is the best route to go here? She doesnt know much about car audio, but I want to give her as much as I can for what she wants to spend.

Factory radio is pretty nice. CD Player and AUX input already in radio. So.....Talk her into spending more on bass (I.E Sub and Amp) or let her have her aftermarket radio and spend less on BOOM!?!?!?!

I checked out Sonic...ehhh...Guess im just not sure on the quality of some of the stuff without hearing it.

Any thoughts?? And please dont say "She aint getting much for that price"....I already know that. Lol. Might try and sell her some of my old equipment....Idk yet.

Let the games begin!

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Anyone heard the Sound Qubed SDC 2.0?? Any size?? Reviews are good. Cheap as hell too.......Might be a good route.

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Anyone heard the Sound Qubed SDC 2.0?? Any size?? Reviews are good. Cheap as hell too.......Might be a good route.

Lol, that was the first one that came to mind when you said she wanted "some boom" lol. Havent heard them personally but considering their bigger siblings for the price (and what she's wanting) I'd give them a try.

Lol, that was the first one that came to mind when you said she wanted "some boom" lol. Havent heard them personally but considering their bigger siblings for the price (and what she's wanting) I'd give them a try.

"Thats so crazy, it just might work!" Lol. I like it! Not sure if she wants to do the front components or not....Im gonna try and talk her into it but she might want to spend that money on the receiver.....Either way....The amp would work great. I suppose I could hook it up to the stock speakers and see what them bitches could do!! Lol

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Drawing a blank here....What do I need to run that amp off the factory radio if she decides to keep it!?!?!

Edit:

Nevermind...I got it! Brain cramp

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

5ch Amp $184

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67855_MB-Quart-OA1100.5.html

Front doors run 6.5" factory $80each

rear factory is 6x9 but run 6.5" (with adaptor plate supplied)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43366_Rockford-Fosgate-Power-T165.html

Sub 2x10 in a prefab $190

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_35010_Rockford-Fosgate-P1-2X10-11P1-2X10.html

$535 and run it off the factory h/u

You will need

2g wireing kit if you don't have any at home

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14393_The-InstallBay-AK02.html

And if the factory h/u does not have pre amp out

You will need a loc of an amp with 5-10v imput avaible

Are you happy to invest time and money into building a box ($50-100 for wood, carpet, glue and screws)

If so for an entry level sub they are very good

If you google aq subs or aq audio

You'll get a few more hits as they changed there name from aq to sq

Archived