Do you plan on upgrading the psu or are the cards running fine? I know corsair makes good shit but I was just wondering haha. Sick comp though and you did a really good on job on the wiring.

PSU is holding up fine. By my math (very, very rough math):

GTX 780 power limit = 250W per card, 500W total

GTX 650 Ti power limit = 110W

i7 2600K = 95W (I'll guesstimate 150W max after overclock, I told you this was some rough math)

So if everything gets maxed out, we have 3 GPU's and a CPU and we're at 760W. That leaves me ~90W max for fans, mobo, and drives before we hit our 850W ceiling.

But the way I know it's fine for sure is that I have a 865W battery backup that the computer and monitor are plugged into to protect them from power surges and brownouts.. It makes a beeping noise once it goes over that 865W output to indicate that if the power is cut the battery will not be able to sustain the current load. I haven't had it beep at me outside of a forced artificial load (Prime95 + FurMark) so I know I'm not close to maxing the PSU. If the max I can pull from the wall is 865W:

Monitor power consumption = ~100W (this thing is a behemoth)

865W - 100W = 765W from the wall for the computer

PSU's (quality units at least) are rated for how much power they produce, not how much power they consume. And they have efficiencies, much like car audio amps. My PSU is 80+ Silver rated and puts out 85% of it's consumed power at 100% load. So (more rough math):

765W x .85 = 650.25W

650W / 850W = ~.76

So even if the battery starts beeping at me I'll only be at ~76% capacity of what my PSU can deliver. I run all my games with V-sync on so these 780's don't even break a sweat. My old 6950s would constantly be running 70-100% usage on my new monitor due to the higher resolution but I haven't seen anything push the new cards nearly that high (outside benchmarks of course). Because they never run at high usage Nvidia's GPU boost doesn't even bother to raise the clockspeeds to max. Lower clockspeeds means less power and heat so the cards run cool and quiet. I haven't even bothered to fiddle with overclocking them yet because there's really no point outside 3DMark scores.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

after looking through this numerous times im debating on upgrading my gpu's... I still think my MSI twin frozr 6950's are overkill.

If you're at 1080p there's really no need for an upgrade. Your 2 cards should be able to max out nearly every game and still play at 60 FPS. The monitor upgrade was what really drove me to look for stronger cards. Plus I had reference designed cards and the reference 6950s were a little noisy at idle and legitimately sounded like a jet turbine above 60%. Your MSI cards should be much better.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Do you plan on upgrading the psu or are the cards running fine? I know corsair makes good shit but I was just wondering haha. Sick comp though and you did a really good on job on the wiring.

PSU is holding up fine. By my math (very, very rough math):

GTX 780 power limit = 250W per card, 500W total

GTX 650 Ti power limit = 110W

i7 2600K = 95W (I'll guesstimate 150W max after overclock, I told you this was some rough math)

So if everything gets maxed out, we have 3 GPU's and a CPU and we're at 760W. That leaves me ~90W max for fans, mobo, and drives before we hit our 850W ceiling.

But the way I know it's fine for sure is that I have a 865W battery backup that the computer and monitor are plugged into to protect them from power surges and brownouts.. It makes a beeping noise once it goes over that 865W output to indicate that if the power is cut the battery will not be able to sustain the current load. I haven't had it beep at me outside of a forced artificial load (Prime95 + FurMark) so I know I'm not close to maxing the PSU. If the max I can pull from the wall is 865W:

Monitor power consumption = ~100W (this thing is a behemoth)

865W - 100W = 765W from the wall for the computer

PSU's (quality units at least) are rated for how much power they produce, not how much power they consume. And they have efficiencies, much like car audio amps. My PSU is 80+ Silver rated and puts out 85% of it's consumed power at 100% load. So (more rough math):

765W x .85 = 650.25W

650W / 850W = ~.76

So even if the battery starts beeping at me I'll only be at ~76% capacity of what my PSU can deliver. I run all my games with V-sync on so these 780's don't even break a sweat. My old 6950s would constantly be running 70-100% usage on my new monitor due to the higher resolution but I haven't seen anything push the new cards nearly that high (outside benchmarks of course). Because they never run at high usage Nvidia's GPU boost doesn't even bother to raise the clockspeeds to max. Lower clockspeeds means less power and heat so the cards run cool and quiet. I haven't even bothered to fiddle with overclocking them yet because there's really no point outside 3DMark scores.

http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/

not sure how accurate it is

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/

not sure how accurate it is

says i am at 540 i have a 750watt rosewell hive that is a good question on how accurate it is

edit didn't need all the lines of text

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived