Second Skin Audio

Box for one AQ HDC318

Giuseqpe

Hey, I'm about to build a box for one AQ hdc3. Going to run it on a aq3500.1 on 2 ohms, its going in a passat estate. I have never really made a box, so I'm not sure if the port will be big or small enough and so on. Here is a picture of what I've made, not really sure it'll work, some input would benice:) Thanks!kzp1p.png

95-100 square inches of port area, 7 cubes is kind of edgy if pushing 2200-2600W and set the # of common walls to 3 if you are doing a simple L port on the side. Also the height of the port is 18.5", place 0.34 to the sub displacement field. A double baffle might be in order...

Take care with this or it may not come out very well!!

95-100 square inches of port area, 7 cubes is kind of edgy if pushing 2200-2600W and set the # of common walls to 3 if you are doing a simple L port on the side. Also the height of the port is 18.5", place 0.34 to the sub displacement field. A double baffle might be in order...

Take care with this or it may not come out very well!!

He has 1" wood material selected, so taking 2" off, like he's done, is correct. 18" for port height would be correct, in using 1" lumber.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ok, so should the box be smaller or bigger?

The box should be smaller because of the power you plan on using. You also need to get the port area up, like previously said, and also add 3 into the field where it asks for common port walls. Adding 3 there will drop your tuning a few Hz. Bump port area up by widening your port. You will have to make it longer because the wider you go, the higher the tune will be as well. You'll see what I mean when you play with it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ok, so should the box be smaller or bigger?

The box should be smaller because of the power you plan on using. You also need to get the port area up, like previously said, and also add 3 into the field where it asks for common port walls. Adding 3 there will drop your tuning a few Hz. Bump port area up by widening your port. You will have to make it longer because the wider you go, the higher the tune will be as well. You'll see what I mean when you play with it.

in for this thread seeeing im going to be doing a hdc3 18 on about 3200-4k rms....

99 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE

1 American Bass HD15-D1 ~ THE PLAN- ? CUBES NET ~ TUNED 36HZ

SOUNDSTREAM TA1.3K @ .5OHM DAILY ~ STOCK ALT ~ BULLZ AUDIO 1/0

~BEST SCORE TO DATE ~ 95 BLAZER 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELECTRICAL~

~01 HYUNDAI SANTE FE ~ 1 DC XL 18 ~ SHARK2500 @ .5 DAILY ~ 145.8 LEGAL~

~2010 FCBC 450 STREET 3RD OVERALL~

~2011 FCBC 450 STREET CHAMPION~

~YOUTUBE SEARCH->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131~

Archived