Does anybody know of a HID Bi Xenon projector that will fit in a 4x6 headlight housing? I really want to put projectors in my car but I DO NOT want to have to hack up a housing just to get them in there. I saw the video of Steve putting in the projectors he got, and it made me want to do this retrofit even more than I already did.

Only problem is I don't have that much room to work with.

Thanks in advance and any help/advise is appreciated,

Nick

you might need to try the matchbox projectors.

if you need any help, let me know.

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

3-Iraggi 300 amp Alternators

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

(Soon to be 4 15" Ct Sounds EXO)

Yeah I was thinking of going with those too if the output was decent. I talked to TRS and they tell me to use the Morimoto Mini H1 or the Mini D2S because they're "for headlights" unlike how the matchbox is for "fogs"

Have you seen how good the matchbox preforms? The projector I was leaning towards was the Morimoto Mini H1, because of how well the output was for its size (hoping I that I won't have to hack a bunch of stuff off to get it to fit).

the mini H1's have a pretty decent output and should fit in the socket of the stock bulb and bolt in from the back. depending how deep the headlight is, the output from the projector still may reflect from the stock housing and cause some scatter.

if you're not wanting to do a lot of cutting, the mini H1 is definitely the way to go. there would be very minimal cutting to get them to fit. mostly likely to the outside back of the reflector to get the mounting hardware to fit properly.

the mini h1 aren't actually mini. The matchbox projectors are I think what you need for your setup. I have a set of "mini" h1 installed in my hummer h3, and i compared them to a set of projectors from a lexus, and their the same size. I'm calling VP of Morimoto now -Tom, to see what is their meaning of the mini h1s, compared to the factory like set they sale.

I'm pretty sure its something to do with the fitting, not so much as size. I could be wrong, so give me a moment, I'm calling him now.

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

3-Iraggi 300 amp Alternators

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

(Soon to be 4 15" Ct Sounds EXO)

5oghdv.jpg

Alright guys I think I might have found my way of doing this retro fit. I believe no matter how hard I try I'm going to have to cut the back of the housing out (to achieve the best light output). This guy cut his out and then fiber glassed a bracket on to mount the projector. All the other retros I saw used aluminum tape and JB weld to hold the projector in and I wanted to stay away from that.

This is the route I believe I'm going to take and I posted the picture to help others out because I know sealed beam projector conversions are tricky.

Thanks for all the help guys!

5oghdv.jpg

Alright guys I think I might have found my way of doing this retro fit. I believe no matter how hard I try I'm going to have to cut the back of the housing out (to achieve the best light output). This guy cut his out and then fiber glassed a bracket on to mount the projector. All the other retros I saw used aluminum tape and JB weld to hold the projector in and I wanted to stay away from that.

This is the route I believe I'm going to take and I posted the picture to help others out because I know sealed beam projector conversions are tricky.

Thanks for all the help guys!

I was thinking about doing my fogs that way. Looks good to me, just make sure you seal them good.

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds