i mean, they didn't even TRY to change anything....the stators looked the same, case was the same...i doubt it was even rewound...in the above pick you can see stock, powermax, and a REAL high output alternator built by DC power....The differences between the first two are indecipherable, while the third it would seem obvious that it performs to advertised specs.....I felt cheated out of my money and was upset I didn't bite the bullet and put the money that I threw down the toilet (on the powermax) into the third alternator which is amazing...~220 amps at idle, 270 at 1700 rpms, rated hot mind you....thats my two cents....

alt.jpg

I bought one of these about 5 months ago and I returned it after having it tested by Interstate Batteries. They said it wasn't even putting out what the stock alt puts out. I got $150 back when I paid $200 and had to pay for shipping it back. Yes it looked exactly like the stock, nothing different. I was very skeptical especially after talking to the guy on the phone. He advised me not to get it tested because the guys at Autozone would fry it! They did not of course. I wanted to leave bad comments on his page but eBay doesn't allow it after it's been too long. And I wanted to wait until I got my money back to be safe. So now I'm shopping for one and ran into this. I'm thinking Mechmans 220 amp for $400 might be the way to go.

TL;DR - You get what you pay for.

EDIT: and an old thread here http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/125549-powermaxusa-alternators/

Archived