Sonic Electronix

1st New car! Just need some clarifications when swaping my system please!

Hey guys, need a tad bit of adivse once again if you would be so kind....

Bought my 1st new car, a 2013 Optima Ex w/ the basic features (Touch screen HU, BUcam etc..,), needed something kind on gas which my V8 Jeep just .... wasnt lol... Anyhow, I have never owned a "new" car so Im kind of confused on how to proceed with swaping in my jeeps system..

Going to try and cram my d6500 from my jeep under the new hood, get mechman goodness out and find her a new home in my dads Jeep lol, and removing everything else, which isnt much... my 2x SA12's, SAE 1200D, Big 3 etc..,

Anyhow, being that its a new car, I really do not want to replace the HU at this time, and Im pretty sure factory will not have pre-amps.....

Whats my best route to get a signal for my RCAs that will give good results and not just "meh, it works" ? Maybe recommened a product via PM if needed, would be mucho help.

Like I said, never owned anything even remotely new, and Im just used to ripping out old HU's, wiring those bad boys up and yea.... you know the drill... I would like to keep this is about as stock as I can for the time being....

Thanks as always guys!

Im looking st an optima turbo for the spring. If I go through with it im doing a 360.3

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have a 2012 sonic I put a system in. I uses low level converters from my rear door speakers. But if you have a upgraded system in you car from the factory you can't use that. You need to use something different I can't remember what it is which is pissing me off lol. I would say go look at Steve's Lexus build he is running off the stock h/u on that

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived