Been putting off a build while I've been sorting out my electrical system, and I'm getting closer to that. Weird car to find an alt for, ha. Anyway back to the point - 2008 Chevy Aveo LS sedan with a 1.6L 4cyl. Got it for the milage and its kinda grown on me. Setup should be around a 6krms max daily.

Alternators- I have a few choices.. Gotta do some double checking, measuring, and some hands on tinkering around to see if they can actually fit based on specs but theres the universal GM Mechman 320amp, Singer 170amp bolt on, and an Iraggi 320amp with custom fabbed bracket.

Batteries- main starting an XS D4700 (came up after doing the vehicle config). With two XS d2700s in the rear bank. If my battery tray measures out I might just put a d3100 up front.

Wiring- All Sky High Car Audio OFC 1/0. Big 4 upgrade, 2 positive runs and 1 negative to the rear bank.

Gear- Possibility to change: Skar SK3500.1 @1ohm, two Skar SK125.4s on mids (6 pax 8 @4ohm, 2x sets vxi65s), and one Skar SK85.4 for supertweets. Pair of ZVXv2 15d1s in a ported box tuned to 35hz with 6" aeros and a plexiglass backwall. Strong possibility of a RF 360.3 and a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 for the source, no head unit; otherwise a Pioneer 80prs active.

Just trying to be 100% certain the electrical will be solid enough and any insight given what alternator choice to go with. Daily driver and will compete in some shows but rare occassions until I can finalize and be satisfied with box.

**Keep the hate out, I know there are some people here that don't like Skar. Gear may change. Focus in this post is the electrical.**

Archived