Sonic Electronix

Stereo into a boat without an alternator

well if he can swap out that Gen. for a alt. that will help a Lot.

the problem will be finding one to fit or making one fit.

what kind of system ?

how many watts?

Agreed, I told him if he could figure out getting an alternator in there that would givfe him the most bang for his buck. He wasn't sure it could be done in his current configuration, but again, I haven't seen it yet so I can't confirm.

Small system. 1 small sub, 4 speakers....possibly just 1 5 channel amp, or 1 multi channel amp.

well if you can get a model # of the out-bored, i bet the guys here can find what you need .

Watts? how meany ?

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

From the sounds of things he just wants a small something in his boat so he can listen to it right? Not looking to blast it or get loud?

Solar panels?

Lol....never though of going that route. They sell small enough panels that would pull enough to keep up with the electrical demands?

like snow said , you would spend a LOT on them

not to mention it would look like a sailboat just trying to get the amount of panels you need up lol

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

From the sounds of things he just wants a small something in his boat so he can listen to it right? Not looking to blast it or get loud?

Bingo. Something to give him some sounds....that will last for when he does long days on the river and such.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

well if you can get a model # of the out-bored, i bet the guys here can find what you need .

Watts? how meany ?

He doesn't have any equipment but in terms of what he would like for the system 4 speakers and a small sub. He is open to suggestions.

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Does he really want a separate sub or would he be content with just a head unit and some drivers with good low end extension?

Reason why I ask is a sub+amp, comparatively speaking, will draw some power. Then you need more batteries. And that's more weight. Plus won't the vibrations from the subwoofer scare the fish away or something?

A head unit with some decent speakers should get plenty loud enough for what he wants. It's not like he needs to run a couple hundred watts so he can hear musing when he's waterskiing behind the boat.

Does he really want a separate sub or would he be content with just a head unit and some drivers with good low end extension?

Reason why I ask is a sub+amp, comparatively speaking, will draw some power. Then you need more batteries. And that's more weight. Plus won't the vibrations from the subwoofer scare the fish away or something?

You know he mentioned having a sub, but I don't think he would be disappointed if the end results just gave him some of that low end. It is a boat for pulling toys around so I don't think he cares about the fish though.

if he isn't going BIG, just get a few ext. Batt but set it up separately from a batt/s to starts an run the boat .

so if he run's out the juice on the audio he can still get home

I told him to just stop being a cheap ass and put an inboard 350 with an alternator on it and he can go crazy......he didn't see that as a feasible option though. :(

I'm not at all familiar with a generator system... Does it still use a 12v battery to start the boat? Does it still charge? If so: any idea how many amps it's rated at?

Archived