Sonic Electronix

how to wire 2 dvc subs to a q1 1200d amp?

ok. so if that is correct then the problem im having doesnt have to do with the wiring im assuming.

As i was setting the gains the was the manufacturer stated there was barely any output from the subwoofers whatsoever. i was turning the gain up and the subs were moving some but not making any noise compaired to what they usually make.

they are 2 2-ohm dual voice coil subs. Rockford fosgate P2-d2 12's

Then you are wired to 2 ohms

ok. so if that is correct then the problem im having doesnt have to do with the wiring im assuming.

As i was setting the gains the was the manufacturer stated there was barely any output from the subwoofers whatsoever. i was turning the gain up and the subs were moving some but not making any noise compaired to what they usually make.

Unhook the speaker wires from the amp, take a 9v battery, and put the (+) wire on the (+) post, the (-) wire on the (-) post. Both subs should push out. If one pushes out and one pushes in, they are out of phase, Try that and post back

run em @ .5 that amp will handle it on the right electrical.

You paying for damages if anything breaks?

sorry for the late response guys i went to the beach yesterday and my computer has been shitting the bed recently.

I did switch my 40 amp fuse for a 60 amp fuse.

Anyways i have it all working except its not any louder than with the other amp although it doesnt cut out at all anymore. But when i do turn it up louder to the point were it would have been louder than the other amp the red light turns on saying its clipping.

is the clipping because the subs cant handle going any louder? or is it a different problem?

also i dont have it wired exactly like that picture. Should i keep it the way i have it in my diagram instead? My amp has two positive and negatives. the amp in that diagram doesnt.

And no i will not run it at .5 ohms. Im not that stupid.

Archived