Sonic Electronix

how to wire 2 dvc subs to a q1 1200d amp?

So i just got my q1 1200d amp today and i need help wiring it. I have 2 dvc subs that i have wired down to 2 ohms but when everything is all plugged in it doesnt sound right.

What confuses me is that the amp has outputs like this : (neg) (neg) (pos) (pos)

Im assuming the first negative goes to the first positive? and the second negative goes to the second positive?

Also i know you guys are going to say that i need to properly set the gain and i have a pretty good idea on how to. Plus the bass dial that came with the amp has a red light that comes on when the amp is clipping. Any help is appriciated thanks

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

cause they are all wired to each other in side the box. Or you could run each voice coil to a connection (bolt) on the box and use jumper wires to get desired load. Ill see if I can find a pic of what I mean. Just need to fallow that diagram to what load you want. On the amp you just need to use on (-) and one (+) no need to use both.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I have mine wired like this. i have

1 (neg) - goes to negative terminal on outside of box with 1 (pos)

2 (neg) - goes to second negative terminal on outside of box with 2 (pos)

1 (pos) - goes to the positive terminal on outside of box along with 1 (neg)

2 (pos) - goes to second positive terminal on outside of box with 2 (neg)

thats coming out of the amp and going to the box.

Inside the box i have

1 (neg) - goes to negative terminal 1 on sub 1

2 (neg) - goes to second negative terminal 1 on sub 2

1 (pos) - goes to the positive terminal 1 on sub 1

2 (pos) - goes to second positive terminal 1 on sub 2

and a Wire from negative terminal 2 to positive terminal 2 on both subs.

That's wiring to 1 ohm if you have dual 1 coils.

Archived