Second Skin Audio

sub/enclosure help

wrexxy

I've been trying to decide on what sub to get in a sealed enclosure. One of my only concerns is lossing the low end (I.e. being able to hit 20hz and still hear, well feel it). I'm open to 8" - 15" subs, but I'd like to keep the box below 0.75 gross cu ft.

Well If that's all the air you're willing to sacrifice, a 10" or 12" sub are your only options. Don't expect miracles from a sealed box as far as output goes, and hitting 20 Hz with authority. If I were you, I'd be looking at subs in the 1000W RMS range. I don't suggest brands, but find one that is well suited for sealed applications. Some Fosgates are well suited, Alpine Type X sounds good in sealed as well. Some of the more common brands on the forum aren't ideal for sealed always. I would think Fo SSD or the Q could do well sealed. I'd stuff the HELL out of your box once you get out built to, with at least a pound of dampening.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I know a ported would be better for my goals, but I don't want to have to give up massive amounts off space in my hatch's cargo area. My original plan was to go with an sa8 v2, but the port on that needs to be large to tune low.

Nothing wrong with sealed sometimes it's all you can squeeze. Don't expect miracles though. Buy a GOOD quality sub and build your box well. You should have some good bump if you take your time and figure out which sub will be well suited for the application.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived