ghostlyrichs home theater set up

well alot of my background comes from home theater which lead to car audio. I use to build home theater set ups for work and made me come home and dream big of owning some of the million dollar homes i was working in. Anyways heres my little corner of paradise to excape in a few films :D

this is a video of me going of each component

this is a how to video i did but shows you my wire management

this was a video i made that went viral and paid for the tv :D

hope you enjoy the footage here is some pictures when it was a work in progress

210895_10150764005025191_55786_o.jpg

Thats a sick system, How much did all this cost if you dont mind me asking. You say you build home audio systems for work? I have questions for you then if you dont mind. I'm trying to get a extremely cheap system for my room, but I want it to sound good. Just trying to get ready for the new consoles and have the best surround sound I can.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Thats a sick system, How much did all this cost if you dont mind me asking. You say you build home audio systems for work? I have questions for you then if you dont mind. I'm trying to get a extremely cheap system for my room, but I want it to sound good. Just trying to get ready for the new consoles and have the best surround sound I can.

hmmm when you say cheep whats your price limit and what size of speakers are you into. Polk makes a affordable speaker set which you can add a amplifier to. energy take one classics are nice to and dont take up much room. i can't say how much i got the speakers for as i got through a employee price plan through klipsch and part of the deal is keeping it confidential.

the best thing like any audio is walking into a place like bestbuy or other audio store and sitting down or standing and listening to it. Im the kinda guy that feels like i sinned by not letting a customer listen to audio before i sell it to them. Some customers are die hard bose fans! some are kef or klipsch, martin logan, focal, b & w, B & O. Just no matter what!!!! do not buy!!! a home theater in a box! buying 5.1 in a box can be alright but never buy one that comes with the amplifier in the box and has blu ray and all that jazz. thanks for the compliments by the way :D

like 500-600 for a receiver and speakers. Ah okay, I understand the confidentiality. Unfortunately the only place I have around where I live is an Electronics Express, It's basically a circuit city. I don't have a place to listen to before I purcahse, I'd much rather do that if its possible but unfortunately its not. Right now I have a Logitech Z906 its not a true home theater system, more of a computer system, it gets the job done but it wont decode the Nintendo Wii U and Only does basic DTS and Dolby Digital.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

like 500-600 for a receiver and speakers. Ah okay, I understand the confidentiality. Unfortunately the only place I have around where I live is an Electronics Express, It's basically a circuit city. I don't have a place to listen to before I purcahse, I'd much rather do that if its possible but unfortunately its not. Right now I have a Logitech Z906 its not a true home theater system, more of a computer system, it gets the job done but it wont decode the Nintendo Wii U and Only does basic DTS and Dolby Digital.

well atleast your not hear in canada, audio is just way to expensive here!

here is the speakers i recommend in your price range i feel bad you can't hear the before hand

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_732TAKECL/Energy-Take-Classic-5-1.html

and this amp so you can get proper sound and hdmi switching

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_033AVRE200/Denon-AVR-E200.html#details-tab

hot dayum thats an awsome setup, makes mine that i was so happy to get look like shit :P

lol! trust me when i build 9.4 rooms and then use to go home to my little old 2.1 channel audio setup i use to cry myself through action films there is nothing like feeling a machine gun pound through your heart haha

hot dayum thats an awsome setup, makes mine that i was so happy to get look like shit :P

lol! trust me when i build 9.4 rooms and then use to go home to my little old 2.1 channel audio setup i use to cry myself through action films there is nothing like feeling a machine gun pound through your heart haha

its suposedly a 5.1 but sounds better in 2.1 settings but mine is done ghetto on the center i have a pair of jbl gto 6.5s and for the rear l and r i have some mtx 10 mids and horn tweets

but it sounds good and great for everything but the jbl's being free

ahh center will make ore brake your vocals

Archived