Second Skin Audio

Ported Enclosure help for 10" Mojo

If you could go more on depth or height we can make the box bigger, but in my honest opinion 2 cubes net is huge for 1 10" driver, 2.25 might sound good on 300 watts but if you add more power you risk burning the sub up in a huge enclosure

im going to say stay towards the 1.5 end since it dont think going larger would do much difference considering current box is to small and still sounding amazing lol

So if it sounds good in that box then the box I calculated should be good. But if you really want it even bigger you can

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

ima try slots and see if i have any luck, i really wish the guys at the shop i got the sub from would tell me what they did for the design i got my idea from cause everything i try aint coming anywhere near it!

So if it sounds good in that box then the box I calculated should be good. But if you really want it even bigger you can

ok after messing with slots vs tube ports and watching vids iv yet to find something with actual noticeable difference in sound!

i did happen to find a vid of a single 12 that faced the trunk in a wide box and had 3/4plexi glass window facing into the vehicle as well ports facing into vehicle.

my curiosity is now to how well that really sounds in person vs recorded sound! as well difference if flip that direction around so its opposite!

Ok, sorry couldn't get back to you sooner, but if you go aeroport they are more efficient and therefore require less port area to create the same results.

So that box you designed with 2 3" aero ports would only really need 1 4" aero

You do not want 2 slot ports, you would reduce port velocity greatly and loose excursion

I am sure sub back port forward wouldn't sound bad at all, not sure if it would give you maximum results, but I'll let you know as one of the guys on here plans to do just that in his Neon

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Ok, sorry couldn't get back to you sooner, but if you go aeroport they are more efficient and therefore require less port area to create the same results.

So that box you designed with 2 3" aero ports would only really need 1 4" aero

You do not want 2 slot ports, you would reduce port velocity greatly and loose excursion

I am sure sub back port forward wouldn't sound bad at all, not sure if it would give you maximum results, but I'll let you know as one of the guys on here plans to do just that in his Neon

Is curious to how that turns out then, cause with me putting Lights in the box with the ports being same side as the window and the light being on that side facing the sub, it would be less light shining through the ports. also trying to figure out easier way to calculate the window displacement. my math flat out sucks when comes to decimals and fractions!

also what would be best for thickness off the box, was thinking 1.5'' so that have 0.75'' to fit the window flush with outside the box. And where to even find 3/4 plexi or acrylic glass? what i can find in stores is all under 1/4'' ( mostly 0.08'') and thickest was was 1/4'' but it was a hole dam sheet at over $150!

3/4" box with double baffle (1.5" total thickness)

Not sure how the plexi would be best installed, I was thinking attach a metal frame to the plexi and flush mount it in inside the box and caulk it with clear silicone.

There is an add right at the top of this website for plexi, online might be your only option for that thickness

Here's a link to the build I was talking about, no lights but he will be putting a 6" aeroport on the back of his box for his 2 10"s, subs facing trunk and port firing into cabin. He will let us know how it sounds

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

3/4" box with double baffle (1.5" total thickness)

Not sure how the plexi would be best installed, I was thinking attach a metal frame to the plexi and flush mount it in inside the box and caulk it with clear silicone.

There is an add right at the top of this website for plexi, online might be your only option for that thickness

Here's a link to the build I was talking about, no lights but he will be putting a 6" aeroport on the back of his box for his 2 10"s, subs facing trunk and port firing into cabin. He will let us know how it sounds

double the thickness using 3/4'', on the side with the window, cut window size out of inner board, and outer board make it slightly wider so window fits into that. screw window in place and from inside caulk it for complete seal. thats what i figured since most bandpass designs are like that without any true seal at all. and i did figure i'd need 2 ports cause with just the current port on the Bassworx box already being 4-5'' wide and 3'' tall it produces one hellacious amount of air.

Archived