99blazer Posted August 1, 2013 Report Posted August 1, 2013 Im currently running a set of Soundqubed QC-HF6.5 components off of a Soundqubed 4-120 and I cannot seem to get these tuned right. either it sounds like a little kid screaming in my ear or the mids are bottoming out and sound like its playing in a tube. I tried running them on just the high pass and the full and I cant seem to get it right. I am using a eq but its all on default so I haven't changed any thing on that. any help will be appreciated. 08 Ford F150
Kevin M Posted August 1, 2013 Report Posted August 1, 2013 What are you crossovers set at on the amp? Almost all of the 6.5" pro audio mids I know don't like playing anything under 125 hz.They have peaks in between 1-6k. The midrange and the tweeters so if you have an eq that can adjust that part I would start there. I'm not familiar with that comp. set but look inside and see if there is a small switch or pins you cabn use to adjust the tweeter. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
99blazer Posted August 1, 2013 Author Report Posted August 1, 2013 I swapped my pro audio speakers for these because the pro audio stuff was waaaaaay to bright for my taste but I cant get the eq to sound right either. It either sounds like not enough tweeter or way to much tweeter it bugging me cause I never had a problem with components til now. I was thinking of running the amp on the hpf at 70hz for now just to see whats going down 08 Ford F150
Kyblack76 Posted August 1, 2013 Report Posted August 1, 2013 How are they installed? Big player there. Stock location? Is there any deadener. Blah blah. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
99blazer Posted August 1, 2013 Author Report Posted August 1, 2013 just the stock location and no deadener yet. I got the tweets in the dash where the factory ones were. 08 Ford F150
99blazer Posted August 3, 2013 Author Report Posted August 3, 2013 well I talked to soundqubed and they didn't really help just told me to turn my eq down even after I told them that I have my 5k 10k and 14k hz knobs all the way down but it sound like shit and then they told be to just use the crossover provided and put the amp on full and there still hella fucking bright. my kappas weren't this bright. Idk what to do at this point 08 Ford F150
Kevin M Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 The crossover that comes with the kit says it crosses the tweeters at 4k with a 12 db slope. Also says they are silk domes. It's surprising to hear you are having so much trouble. You could run the components active. That sq amp is capable. I think it even has steeper sloes? (24db) Show a picture of your amplifier how the gains and crossovers are set. What kind of eq do you have? Your ears are most sensitive between 1-4k so it could be your midrange that are giving you trouble. What about the tweeters is so shrill. Give an exampple of a song or instrument that is too harsh and we can dial in where the problem is at. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
99blazer Posted August 4, 2013 Author Report Posted August 4, 2013 well right now I have the amp running on the hpf setting and its crossed over somewhere between 100hz and 300hz. There is only two markings on the knob so its hard to tell. and the gain is only half way, here is the pic my camera did not want to focus for shit. and its every song it sounds very bright its hard to explain it just kills my ears 08 Ford F150
Kevin M Posted August 4, 2013 Report Posted August 4, 2013 Have you tried adjusting the gain? It is one of the first thing I tell people to do when they think it is too loud. You didn't mention what eq you have? What HU do you have? Disconnect the mids and tweets; play them by themselves, and see which is too harsh. That midrange plays awful high and there is only a handful I can think of that will play to 4 k well. At least when we are talking about a 6.5" midrange. I just noticed looking that they are 4 ohm comp. set and the amp put out 120 watts per channel. You are over-driving your speakers. I would roll that gain back. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
99blazer Posted August 4, 2013 Author Report Posted August 4, 2013 Cadence CEQ-773 is the model on the eq. not top of the line but it was free. Im not playing it through the head unit atm due to it making terrible popping sounds when I use the head unit. Im using the eq auxiliary right now for music. I have a pioneer deh-80prs on the way. its not that the speakers are too loud it just the highs are really harsh like very high pitched and it kills my ears. Ill trouble shoot what you have mentioned. where would you suggest I set the hpf cross over point? 08 Ford F150
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.