Opinions on RF t2652-s T2 power 6.5 component kit wiring

primer

Ok, so I installed the kits in the bi-amp configuration. The tweeters sound amazing, but the mids are lacking a little. I'm wondering if I really need to run the mids off of the included passive crossovers. Either way I'm going to leave the tweeters as they are, but I am running active crossovers for everything and I figured that with active I may not need the passive crossovers for the mids. If they were louder as is, I wouldn't worry about it and just leave it. But the mids are not cutting it and I had a feeling the passive crossovers were bringing them down. For example, I'm running them off of the same 4 channel amp as a set of RF T1462 6x9's. The 6x9's are stong and crisp with the gain low, but the component mids aren't with the amp turned up higher. That's what was making me think the passive crossover was choking them out. I know the frequencies are different, but I expected them to be more powerful like the tweeters are. Opinions? Should I try them without the passive crossovers? Anyone experience a similar situation?

2002 GMC 2500HD w/8.1 liter v-8

Pioneer Avic N-5 HU

Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth

Pioneer CD-UB100 usb

Pioneer GEX-P910XM XM receiver

Pioneer CD-1200 IPhone adapter

Pioneer TS-W309D2 subs x2

Audiopipe split 3003

2 Autotek 3-way active crossovers

2 alpine tweeters

RF Punch P132 3.5" full range

RF Power T1462 4x6 full range

RF Power T1693 6x9 3 way

RF Power T2652 T2 6.5 components

2 Autotek ATX 1200.4 amps 4

RF P400 amp

Massive N4 nano-block

I measure loud by the amount of smoke it puts out.

www.enforcer-gaming.com

I had mine set up passive and on my second upgrade with same power they came to life from my 80-PRS. More freq control, and way louder. I did redo doors and seal them up really well. If your amp will let you control your freq then I say go for it.

I had mine set up passive and on my second upgrade with same power they came to life from my 80-PRS. More freq control, and way louder. I did redo doors and seal them up really well. If your amp will let you control your freq then I say go for it.

My amps do have adjustable crossovers, but I'm also running 2 autotek active crossovers. My head unit has a built in eq and cross over with staging. I was able to adjust the eq to make them a little louder. But I may bypass the passive crossovers tomorrow and see how it sounds. I was thinking about using a processor, but with 12 channels I don't know how well that would work. I was mainly wondering if anyone has noticed reduced power as a result of the passive RF crossovers. I've experienced it in the past with other passive crossovers, which is why I run active. But I didn't expect it with RF power products.

Pioneer Avic N-5 HU

Pioneer CD-UB100 usb

Audiopipe split 3003

2 alpine tweeters

RF Power T1693 6x9 3 way

RF P400 amp

Massive N4 nano-block

www.enforcer-gaming.com

All passive crossovers use power to work as far I understand it. I am running a T400-4 so my wattage was a little on the low side IMO and running active made them louder and sound better. Upgrading to T3s and running a T400-2 for the mids this winter. Should be louder and clearer.

I'm going to bypass the passive crossovers later today to see how it sounds. I quit using passive years ago because of the power reduction. But I wanted to at least give the RF crossovers a try. I will leave the RF tweeters hooked up to them. Thanks for the input! I appreciate it.

Pioneer Avic N-5 HU

Pioneer CD-UB100 usb

Audiopipe split 3003

2 alpine tweeters

RF Power T1693 6x9 3 way

RF P400 amp

Massive N4 nano-block

www.enforcer-gaming.com

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to bypassing the passive crossovers. There was some increase in output, but nothing major. I did however realize that the crossover on my amp was on low pass instead of full range. Don't know how that got past me (could be that I was on pain pills after cutting part of my finger off and having it sewed back on), but when I put it on full range they came to life. As happy as I was with them earlier, I'm amazed at the sound they put out now. I was on the edge of pulling them out and putting some more full range in, but now that they are right they blend in with the rest of my front speakers. The mid bass that they put out is awesome.

Pioneer Avic N-5 HU

Pioneer CD-UB100 usb

Audiopipe split 3003

2 alpine tweeters

RF Power T1693 6x9 3 way

RF P400 amp

Massive N4 nano-block

www.enforcer-gaming.com

I was going to ask what your xover on the amp was set at. I had my set running passive at first(both mids and tweets) and they sounded fine but after hooking up the 360.3 they sounded even better. Enjoy those T2652's man,they do put out alot of midbass too. Got mine crossed at 80 Hz

sup 03 extreme? How's it going? Getting ready to start my kicker panels soon, got header for car, all wet sanded and getting it painted soon plus all the upgrades in speakers and sound saddened. Should be kick ass by November.

Archived