Sundown Audio

Amps pop.... Tried all kinds of stuff..

walwalka

I would assume that there is nothing wrong with the radio, as it does the same thing with the RCA's disconnected.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

I would assume that there is nothing wrong with the radio, as it does the same thing with the RCA's disconnected.

yea bro it's something with the amp . Might be time to check in on buying a new amp. That sucks too ! I like hifonics Brutus amps . Especially the early 2000 models .

The amp is only 4 months old which sucks and has only been hooked up for a month total...

I think I'm gonna go with the CT sounds AT1400.1D or maybe just a power T1000.1. I'm not sure yet.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

the amp could have a delay when turning off so the radio turns off first then the amp that could be the problem or the amp itself

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

The Amp makes the pop even when the deck is off and I'm jumping the remote with the 12v. I'm sure it's just the amp itself.

Had the same problem a couple days ago, grounding the frame of your headunit will fix the problem. The HU needs two seperate grounds as the internal circuity of the HU, needs two different grounds. That is why there is always a spot to ground the aftermarket HU on th back of the frame. Factory stereo's are usually double din, and they slide into a basket frame that surrounds them causing the frame of the headunit to ground. This is intentional on their part. When you install a single din into a double din basket you loose that ground and you have to place a wire to a good ground and attach it to the back of the radio

Had the same problem a couple days ago, grounding the frame of your headunit will fix the problem. The HU needs two seperate grounds as the internal circuity of the HU, needs two different grounds. That is why there is always a spot to ground the aftermarket HU on th back of the frame. Factory stereo's are usually double din, and they slide into a basket frame that surrounds them causing the frame of the headunit to ground. This is intentional on their part. When you install a single din into a double din basket you loose that ground and you have to place a wire to a good ground and attach it to the back of the radio

i believe that spot your talking about is not for grounding . It's for mounting the head unit. Besides he's saying the amp does it while the hu is off an disconnected

i believe that spot your talking about is not for grounding . It's for mounting the head unit. Besides he's saying the amp does it while the hu is off an disconnected

LOL sorry... but LOL.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

It's just the amp, the head unit doesn't cause the sounds at all... I can disconnect the deck completely and the amp still pops when you wire it up. I'm selling the amp to a friend cheap because he said he doesn't care about the small pop. Honestly it would never hurt a woofer. I'm just picky.

Archived