Second Skin Audio

Trying to work out this 4th order, help is appreciated

nCOMP1337

I still don't know exact sub displacement, but currently with the above design, each sub is seeing a little less than 1.25 cuft each. I can make it slightly larger, by adding an inch or two to the length of the box. My trunk is around 38 deep or so and I'm using only 28 in this design. Also how much lower tuning would you suggest? 45hz?

alright, ill see what I can come up with. I went ahead and measured my trunk to see what room i have to work with and i have 38 x 38 x 16, but because i need to keep the ratio smaller, it should be plenty of room. Most people always told me I needed tons of room for a 4th order, but in keeping the ratio small, that is proving not as necessary, though maybe its jsut specifcally due to the specs of these woofers that also allow it to be smaller.

Okay so I took the advice of oldsboomer and did a little redesign as well, because i noticed the smaller fold down section ofi my back seats was on the passenger side of the vehicle.

so here is the new design, its fairly close to the older one, but smaller sealed:ported sections and a longer port

2w43.jpg

it is a lot closer to a 1:1 ratio and the sealed section technically has more volume, but after sub displacement and possibly bracing, the volume will be closer to even with the ported section I believe.

Sealed chamber: 26.5w X 13.5h X 12d

It is 2.48 cuft before displacement. Subs will also be mounted on the front of the baffle separating the sealed and ported sections and I am thinking of some other bracing for the subs since they are pretty heavy too and will be sideways. I thought maybe a couple little half circle cutouts underneath for them to sit on when mounted.

Ported Chamber: 26.5w X 13.5h X 17.5d

It is 2.29 cuft, except for a few bits of bracing and front of woofers, i dont imagine why I would need anything else in this chamber. so the volume shoudlnt change much.

Port: 20l X 13.5w X 3.5d

Port is tuned to 45.02 Hz with this current design and estimations of bracing.

I mocked up the woofers and box in winisd using the t/s provided by Jacob.

Here is the response it gives me, I am not completely sure what I ma reading here, but it is extremely peaky around 45Hz.

mdhu.gif

Thoughts or suggestions? Thank you to those who are helping, I am hoping to be satisfied with a design soon so I can begin building and installing

• 1 year later...

Archived