Second Skin Audio

Trying to work out this 4th order, help is appreciated

nCOMP1337

Alright, I just typed all this up and the browser closed out, saving the title to the new thread but nothing else. So Ill make this shorter this time.

Subs: Sundown X 12s powered by powerbass 3k at 1ohm

My first major build, I want a 4th order, got some tips from Singer at slamology. He said try to stick to a 1:1 ratio with around 1cuft per sub, this will help when pressurizing the cabin. He said more but I cant remember it all sadly, LOL.

I do not know how to tune these, so I will give the dimensions I have for the sealed and ported sections separately, and then hopefully someone can let me know what I did wrong, what I can change and some advice to make it work for the application I want this enclosure for.

gev.gif

Sealed:

26.5 x 14.5 x 12 (internal) | 2.67 cuft

I do not know the woofer displacements, but the zv4s are .12, so I estimated .3 displacement for the woofers and bracing altogether, I am prolly a little high on that number. But that would give me around 2.37 cuft for the sealed section. Whether the subs are mounted inside the sealed section or not doesnt bother me, but with the high surround these subs have, I would be worried about the surround rubbing if they werent mounted properly when reverse.

Ported:

Now this one I used Torres calc for, and I calculated it like a typical ported enclosure. Here is what Torres gave me.

28 x 16 x 19.25 (external) with 11 x 4 x 14.5 for the port giving a gross volume of 3.95cuft with a net volume of 3.31cuft, and a tuning of 49.48

With current dimensions of both sections and if all was done right, the current ratio seems to be more like 1.4:1

Any help is appreciated, Id like to get this 4th order design together so I can begin building it and get my system together finally, its been too long of a process.

more towards SPL, the subs are the Sundown X 12s, so they are great for the lows, so im hoping to utilize them as best I can in a 4th order, they will be on a powerbass 3k. i initially had that info in the post before my browser crashed, sorry i forgot to add it back in

i put everything into winisd, and it gave me almost the same tuning, but with smaller volume for each chamber. The ratio turned out to be 1.3:1 in winisd and 1.4:1 when I did it myself. I assuming im not far off, but i may just have to risk losing a bit of money and test it out.

i do prefer spl but im not worried about competing much or scoring high. id rather focus on low end bass, yet still musical over a decent bandwidth. due to it going into a car, singer suggested not having such a large ratio as it would make it harder to pressurize the cabin or something like that, i think thats why he suggested i do a 1:1 ratio for it, so thats why i was trying to keep it close to that ratio. It would have been easier to listen and remmeber what he was saying if we werent next to JPs tahoe getting demoes, LOL

Archived