Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

guys please help with new box design. for 2- hdc3's.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay just bought a pair of dual one ohm audioque Hdc3 12's. The box that came with it sucked. Atleast in my ext. Cab dodge. Anyways I need a really effiecient design to where box rise won't be too much of an issue. The current box is having boxrise to 2.95 which is zapping myamps power.

I need to keep my dd amp pushing as much power as I can. I would like to use aero ports instead of a slot. I was thinking two 6" ports. Anyways if anyone can draw me up a good design with specs would be awesome. I'm going after rattle your teeth bass. But with nice SPL if possible. Thanks for any help guys. Would it be a good idea to have the subs facing forward with the ports firing forward in between the bucket seats?

ced26db2-e5df-4547-87bd-d1f0d5326d06_zpsbd6f1529.jpg

2001,2002,2003 USACI World Finalist. 3rd. place ss 301-600

2003 USACI World Record Holder SS 301-600

Out for 10yrs. Finally getting back in the game.

2-ddm2b's on 2 HDC3 12's. 147.8db for now on TL.

250amp alt. 4 deep cycle batts.

2 runs of 1 gauge.

98' dodge ram. Soon to be advance no wall class. Or ss class.

Posted

Oh yeah It will be wired to one ohm.

ced26db2-e5df-4547-87bd-d1f0d5326d06_zpsbd6f1529.jpg

2001,2002,2003 USACI World Finalist. 3rd. place ss 301-600

2003 USACI World Record Holder SS 301-600

Out for 10yrs. Finally getting back in the game.

2-ddm2b's on 2 HDC3 12's. 147.8db for now on TL.

250amp alt. 4 deep cycle batts.

2 runs of 1 gauge.

98' dodge ram. Soon to be advance no wall class. Or ss class.

Posted

Any thoughts? and would you go aeroports over a slot port?

ced26db2-e5df-4547-87bd-d1f0d5326d06_zpsbd6f1529.jpg

2001,2002,2003 USACI World Finalist. 3rd. place ss 301-600

2003 USACI World Record Holder SS 301-600

Out for 10yrs. Finally getting back in the game.

2-ddm2b's on 2 HDC3 12's. 147.8db for now on TL.

250amp alt. 4 deep cycle batts.

2 runs of 1 gauge.

98' dodge ram. Soon to be advance no wall class. Or ss class.

Posted

Give it time, someone will chime in.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Posted

Post your amp and vehicle models and max dims for a box, also a pic of your current box and describe your electrical upgrades if any. Also curious on how you measured those 2.95 ohm.

Posted

I don't know what model your Dodge truck is but I have a '99 Quad Cab 1500 and I've always had better luck with ports firing up in the corner(s), with sub facing forward or up.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

Thanks for the help guys. Im just getting my feet wet after 10 yrs. out of competing. So it's kinda new to me again.

The truck is a 98 dodge ram 1500 ext. cab. my max dimensions I can go is 19 tall, 58 across, and 17 front to back. So I have some space.

My buddy took the measurements with the meters. He clamped the speaker positive wire with his clamp meter. I believe he had it set on 250v.

and he said it hung around 21v. and on the dig. meter on the power and ground of my dd2mb amp he said it peaked around 62v. off and on. on a 50hz. test tone.

The subs are facing forward right behind the seats with a center forward facing slot. The slot is too small in my opinion. I have big three done. with zero gauge wire.

stock I believe 130 amp alt. batt. up front and two new deep cycle batteries by the amp in the ext. cab. with all 1 gauge wiring. for the power and ground. head unit is a excelon 895. and a eclipse 4 channel on my highs. I can get pic if needed. I was hoping to run the dd amp at .5 ohm. but with dual 1 ohm subs. I could only get 1 ohm. total for the amp. I really do appreciate the help guys.

ced26db2-e5df-4547-87bd-d1f0d5326d06_zpsbd6f1529.jpg

2001,2002,2003 USACI World Finalist. 3rd. place ss 301-600

2003 USACI World Record Holder SS 301-600

Out for 10yrs. Finally getting back in the game.

2-ddm2b's on 2 HDC3 12's. 147.8db for now on TL.

250amp alt. 4 deep cycle batts.

2 runs of 1 gauge.

98' dodge ram. Soon to be advance no wall class. Or ss class.

Posted

If I'm not mistaken, the alternator is either a 117 or 136 amp. My 99 has the towing package and part of that accessory package is the 136 amp alt.

And if you could post pics of what you have so far that'd be great. I'm looking at doing a more permanent setup in my truck and I'd like to see as many different systems as possible so I can steal, er, get some ideas. ;-)

This is the current setup I'm running and as I said, the woofer does best with the box in the corner and the port firing upward. My next (and last with the seat in) will be two 15s in that arrangement with the ports on either end firing up.

photobucket-3933-1375665845803_zps07a1c7

That box is 19 high and 16.5 deep.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

I will post pics tomorrow. the back seat I took out. here is a pic of my last setup. 3 punch p3 15's. wired to a .7 ohm load. it slammed good.

caraudio8-1-13002_zpse0964397.jpg

ced26db2-e5df-4547-87bd-d1f0d5326d06_zpsbd6f1529.jpg

2001,2002,2003 USACI World Finalist. 3rd. place ss 301-600

2003 USACI World Record Holder SS 301-600

Out for 10yrs. Finally getting back in the game.

2-ddm2b's on 2 HDC3 12's. 147.8db for now on TL.

250amp alt. 4 deep cycle batts.

2 runs of 1 gauge.

98' dodge ram. Soon to be advance no wall class. Or ss class.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 637 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...