Sundown Audio

4 channel protecting

DylanBunch

For awhile I had my 4 channel in a cargo compartment and now I don't but when I went to plug the speaker wires back in, I can only have the driver side in because the passenger side makes the amp go into protect.

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

hmmm sounds like a short if you have a multi meter ground a probe out and put you meter on continuity/ buzz option if you have a buzzer and a beeper. see if it buzzes or beeps when you you take the other probe and touch each each speaker wire well having thew other probe grounded.

I have a dmm but its in my friends car -.-

well if your speakers easy to get at or you have a spare speaker test it on the side thats going into protect. if it doesnt go into protect out the speaker that is going into protect and see if its shorting on anything in ther door. try running the speaker out side the door. if its still going to protect try it with a speaker wire rate to amp. if it doesnt go into protect then you need to shoot a new line to the door. if it does go into protect but doesnt with the spare speaker than somthings wrong the speaker and needs to be replaces fixed or warrantied.

ohm the speaker wires to test at the amp. Use a Electric meter in the ohm mode.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Not trying to be an asshole, but I don't understand because of some of the words that were used

sorry bud im typing this all on my phone quick. was saying try taking the speaker thats going into protect out of the door and take a piece of speaker wire and hook it up to the speaker and the other side to the amp. if the amp does not go into protect it means the speaker iss either shorting in the car or a new wire needs to be run to the speaker

Not trying to be an asshole, but I don't understand because of some of the words that were used

sorry bud im typing this all on my phone quick. was saying try taking the speaker thats going into protect out of the door and take a piece of speaker wire and hook it up to the speaker and the other side to the amp. if the amp does not go into protect it means the speaker iss either shorting in the car or a new wire needs to be run to the speaker

Its cool, thanks for not getting butthurt lol i think that might be what it is

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Its cool, thanks for not getting butthurt lol i think that might be what it is

lol i know my typing sucks so its beter i rephrase it then confuse people.

Archived