Second Skin Audio

Giant box in place of back seat

Hey guys. I have the solo x 18 and I forgot to mention on my other posts that this is going in my back seat. I was gonna build a 10 cu ft box, tuned to 35 hz. Last time I put a box in the back seat, It wasn't really loud like I was hoping, and I think this was because of sound cancellation/ it being tuned to like 30 hz lol. Ive heard these before in other cabins, and they raped my eardrums, literally lol my ear stung for a week. My car that I have is an Acura legend. I know that sound can escape if I don't wall it off. I have no money to pay someone to wall it and I cant wall it off myself. So My only option is to build a big box and of course tuned a little higher than the old set up. I was gonna either make the box like 30 inches tall and 38 inches wide vs this other design I calculated that is 25.5 inches tall, but 46 inches wide. Its going to be in an L ported box. Sub and port both forward. Which box design should I choose? The taller one or the kinda wider one, or will this really make a difference? I'm not going to be competing or worried about tenths of a db, But I would love some ear splintering bass. Thanks guys, sorry for the noob-ness lol

I would like some flex simmilar to this video, although I know the hatchbacks get really loud due to the horn effect.
Now in this second video, the guy is puting it on his back seat and the sound flexes the trunk like crazy, so I know theres sound cancellation. But I have a small acura idk if theres a diference. I am just a little pissed because my massive, wallet eating 18 hits like like a pair of xplods:(

I don't know how to. wouldn't I have to build it inside the car? And did u not see the second video I attached lol he has the exact same equipment with no wall and his roof was about to break lol. But back to the wall, I guess I could make it as close to a wall as I could. Like The widest it can go, the tallest it can go, and the least amount of depth to make it at right specs and tuning?

Unless you have a truck or an SUV than you won't be loud in the back seat like stated above. You have three options, 1. wall it, 2. If your back seats fold down build a box and seal it off from the trunk or 3. If your back seats don't fold down or your to lazy to seal your trunk off. Then just through your box in the trunk and call it a day.

Unless you have a truck or an SUV than you won't be loud in the back seat like stated above. You have three options, 1. wall it, 2. If your back seats fold down build a box and seal it off from the trunk or 3. If your back seats don't fold down or your to lazy to seal your trunk off. Then just through your box in the trunk and call it a day.

Okay so how do you supposed I "throw" in my 12 cu ft net size box into my little acuras trunk? Exactly. I cant. Im not lazy because im not willing to spend a full week on something I have zero capabilities of doing dude. Im not paying anyone to do it either. I built it as wide as it will touch both sides and is pretty damn tall. Its not gonna impress the spl gurus but... with my old box that was litterally wet and puffy and falling apart , the joints didnt even have caulk, i could rip the front panel off, it still hit pretty dang hard. When it was sealed before it tickled my ear, but it was tuned very very low so it only did well at 27-33 hz (useless for me). Im tuning this new box to 35 hz and its desgined better than the old one

If you can build a big ass box well then you can build a wall. Start by building a strong platform and bolting it to the car. You may have some funky angles to work with but it is doable. You could make a 2x4 shell and cover it with mdf. Trim panels you can make by using cardboard templates and transferring them to mdf and using metal brackets to hold them in place. Question is why you would want flex. It is noisy, aggravating, and lost energy. If you want to impress people wall that bitch. You will have half the area to compress and you will gain output.

The only way you will have "capabilities" is if you try it. We all didn't know how to build walls until we tried to do it. It's okay to fail as long as you keep trying; but to say you don't want to put the time in to learn and figure it out...damn.

There are some people on this board that can help and they are trying. Just have to be willing to listen.

Why was your last box wet and falling apart?

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Im still really stuck on this ported box. I dont mean to change the subject but can I ask you something? Im using torres calculator and im very confused on the port length. Its an L ported box with both sub and port foward. I made like a thousand threads, so far no definate answer... I have screenshots and everything on torres 30 plus page forum if you could check it out and help with the port cutut I would love u forever ahah jk:P

Archived