Fiberglassing My Own Non-Exhaust Tail Section.

It is obvious the bags were not designed for the current layout. Also, you can clearly see how much volume I have removed from the tail section. The OEM 6gen has a very crowded touring rear end.

20130907_165324.jpg

20130907_165312.jpg

20130907_165301.jpg

20130907_165255.jpg

20130907_165247.jpg

20130907_165242.jpg

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I really don't mind the awkward look of the bags because 99% if my rides do not involve them. My real issue is that I designed so heavily around the OEM seat that as of right now the Corbin does not fit and the wife is not happy about it. The lines on the two seats are completely different so I'll have to get semi creative with the switch back and forth. I'm considering keeping the handles on for awhile to break up the red in the back as well as shooting the underside black (coming to a point with the tail)

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

Thank you!

When I get motivated again I will adjust the pits/voids/out of contours but for now I'm just riding the shit out of it.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

The bike is quite amazing. The rumble from the V4 just isn't like anything else out there- if it was 50lbs lighter with twenty more hp it would be close to the perfect bike. As it sits it is just a bit overweight and underpowered. I'm hoping an Power Commander will smooth out the Vtech engagement and richen up the mixture for some more ponies. Also, considering going +2 in the rear to liven it up a bit. Going all out 5th and 6th don't have much pull anyways.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Today I bit the bullet and spent a whopping $5 on a can of black dip to hit the bottom of the tail. I felt that from most angles the tail was "a big red blob" so my first draft is a tapered black bottom that comes to a point at the tail. I may end up reshooting it a few times to figure out what I like.

20130915_105941.jpg

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

It doesn't happen often, but today was that magical day that reminds me of California. Perfect temperature, and perfect conditions. We did 200mi of mostly back roads plus a ferry ride to wrap it up.

20130915_141648.jpg

20130915_141632.jpg

20130915_174022.jpg

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Archived