Second Skin Audio

Need help FAST! Baffle on torres calculator

Im about to go to home depot to cut this but I want to understand this before I cut it there. The number of baffles for my giant boxneeds to be 2. So using .75 mdf the baffle will be 1.5. If my depth was 21 inches with just 1 layer of wood, will this second baffle make the overall depth 21.75? Or does this baffle go on the inside of the box. Because it affects port area tuning and everything. To clarify I am making an L ported box at 10 cubes and the sub and port are on the sam side. I am unsure of how its gonna affect dimesnions, tuning, ect. Please help before I was money cutting this!

okay so I will cut 2 of the same sized pieces for the front, glue em, and it wont affect the depth of the box at all? Sorry Im new to box building haha I dont really know if torres was made for L port or external.. If theres nothing to it other than cutting 2 of the same dimesnions as earlier and theres just an extra piece of wood as displacement on the inside, then I am good! I thought the baffle double out on the outside of the front making the depth .75 longer lol

2nd baffle goes on outside of box, making inside of box same as calculated but outside dimensions of box .75 inches greater. Sounds like you are fine

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

yes, both baffles pieces with have EXACT same cutout dimensions.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Like i said, if you used torres to design the baffle goes on the INSIDE of the box. it has to be 1.5 shorter top to bottom and has to be the inside dimensions of the wall and the port wall.. Hope that makes sense

looking at that design, it would be

24.5H and 39.5W i think.

Archived