Second Skin Audio

Need help FAST! Baffle on torres calculator

Oh okay I understand that now ! and Thanks for the sketch up duck. One last thing thats twisting my mind is the port length. I read on a few articles that the port length is found by measuring down the center along the whole port, so i would have to bend the port untill I measure 19.5 inches, going down the center of the whole thing? Its confusing to me still. And basically since the port is already cut out on the box I can use the baffle dimensions u posted to save wood , vs cutting the whole 47x26 and cutting the entire port out

TORRESYES_zps258d9964.jpg

Okay so in this picture, I clicked ZERO extra baffles, but used a thickness of 1.5, and the whole thing changed (tuning, volume of everything) And the port length is 12.75 like ducks port said. If u look in the other pic I posted , torres said the port would be 12 inches long with the double baffle of .75 wood. Whichone of the two is correct? I think the second picture is because It acts as if the baffle is only used for the sub part

Box building is an art form man, shoot and yell shit. Build it and dry test it. play some a sweep from 25 to 80 and watch the subs. They should move the least at tuning. Then try some tones near tuning to pin point it. If it turns out way to high add a small extension to the port going to the left like 2" long and see what it does to your tuning.

Some guys build 5 or 6 boxes before they are happy with the result.

Also, try to keep at least 6" in front of the port free from obstruction and some space around the box if it is in a trunk firing back.

Good luck!

Archived