Active Set Up Help

guzz95

Currently I'm running two sets of RF T3's. One pair are in the kick panels, other pair are in the stock location in a 08 Tundra, (mids in door, tweets in dashboard). A RF T600-4 is powering up the T3's. In the near future I want to go active. I already have the 360.3, and want to start stocking up on the equipment I need. I was thinking of buying a RF P200-2 for the tweets. Thinking of wiring them in parallel which will drop them to 2ohms giving them 100w. For the mids a RF T400-2, hooking them up the same way giving them 200w to each side. Is this a good way to approach it or is their a better way to go about going active? If I can use my T600 in the setup let me know. If afraid its too much power for the tweeters.

Trying to time align the same drivers in different locations playing the same frequencies is going to be a real bitch if you can even achieve what you are wanting for a sound stage.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Thinking of wiring them in parallel which will drop them to 2ohms giving them 100w. For the mids a RF T400-2, hooking them up the same way giving them 200w to each side.

This will completely defeat your purpose for running active ... The MAIN reason for active setups is time alignment for EACH individual driver ... You only need two (pair) tweeters for your front stage anyways ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

My point was you can use as many drivers you want, just make sure you have one driver per channel to run correct active ...

Saying if you have 4 tweeters, and 4 mid range / midbass drivers, you need 8 channels of operation ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived