Sundown Audio

Best ported configuration for 2 x SA 8 v.2 in a 4-door sedan?

I am going to put 2 of Sundown's SA 8 v.2 subwoofers in my 4-door Honda Accord and was wondering what ported configuration will give me the best sound quality. I will be playing all types of music, from hip-hop to metal. Some helpful tips would be:

- Box shape, tuning, port length, and location

- Firing direction of subwoofers and port

- Should the box be sealed off from the trunk airspace?

- What would be the perfect RMS wattage

Thanks in advance. :discostu:

Edited by duckapuck

People say sealed boxes have better sound quality but I don't think so. I say ported in the mid 30s, 14-16sq inches of port and anywhere from 1000-1500 watts (500-750 each). If you want to, you can take you back seats out and face the subs toward the cabin and seal if off but if you want your back seats just face them back and deaden your trunk lid. I'd say a good setup would be those 8s and a sundown saz1500 with an extra xs power battery and do the big 3 and you're golden

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

People say sealed boxes have better sound quality but I don't think so. I say ported in the mid 30s, 14-16sq inches of port and anywhere from 1000-1500 watts (500-750 each). If you want to, you can take you back seats out and face the subs toward the cabin and seal if off but if you want your back seats just face them back and deaden your trunk lid. I'd say a good setup would be those 8s and a sundown saz1500 with an extra xs power battery and do the big 3 and you're golden

Thanks for your input. What do you think about having one in each corner of the trunk, facing forward at a 45 degree angle?

if you can find a way to make that work and have it ported thatd be sweet but that tends to be a fiberglassed sealed enclosure kinda thing. Itll be easiest and likely sound best to just to a regular square/rectangle

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

if you can find a way to make that work and have it ported thatd be sweet but that tends to be a fiberglassed sealed enclosure kinda thing. Itll be easiest and likely sound best to just to a regular square/rectangle

True that. Thanks.

Yeah and those 8s in the right box and power/amp settings will be crazy good quality and loudness. My buddy has one the gets louder and lower than another friends' 2xSA15s cause they're in a small sealed box due to space restrictions. He thought just cause he had two 15s he'd be loud. Lol noob

Edited by N9neMillahhh

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around

Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4

Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz

Sub Amps: SAZ3k

Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk

About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC....

Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX

I prefer the forward fire sealed method. I believe it does sound better. Plus..... I like to watch the woofer flex. If you do fire rear just deaden good and it will sound great

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

And be careful of the trunk release assembly...that was one of my major rattles.

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around

Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4

Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz

Sub Amps: SAZ3k

Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk

About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC....

Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX