midbass question for Ray

Im thinking about doing a similar setup as that of the one posted

Anyway my concern is the fs of my driver (8" HX2)... Its rather low(40hz) and due to the make up of crossovers I will have some blend into higher freqs. Anyway the freq recommendations for the woofer are 40-200hz so should i stay within that guideline? i was looking at an active 24db bandpass at around 175-50hz with the subs crossed at 60hz or so and the 6.5 mids at ~190.

anyway any suggestions or better recommendations?

btw reason i chose this woofer was due to power handeling and the fact i played it on low power in a ported box for home theater with no cross and liked the sound.. my only concern is playing it at its rms power i will need the crossover settings to be well tuned (i will proably adjust them a few times thou once i listen to them on different songs im just looking for more professional insight)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Location, of the driver's will play a part. I would say that driver prob. won't work well.

For a midbass woofer I try to get a little closer to 60hz fs, and a light mms under 30g.

Not saying an hx2 wont work, but it will have limited function. Personally I do not like a sub playing anything over 80hz.

Something like this  http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.c...r=264-432&DID=7

hope some of that helped.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

The drivers will be in the doors in a sealed enclosure.... I think rf reccomends .5 cubes but would i be better off with smaller to help the driver in higher freqs? I understand it wont go up to the general midbass freq of 500hz but im concerned about crossing at such a small range

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

if u get a dedicated midbass driver it will be fine.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

lol ya i know but i already bought them when i was in my "only rf" phase so i want to try it... lol i guess ill find out

by all means try it.

thats how things are learned.

mswerd.gif...

those aa's are super cheap.

the extremis is duper kool also