DDM Tuning - Thanks for making awesome HID kits...

Well, I remember around 3 years ago I asked about who to go with for an HID kit.. I ended up going with DDM, and man.. What can I say?

I put it in my 93 Accord with ease.. Easy connections, super slip ballasts, beefy cables with extra insulation for protection.. I ended up washing my engine bay forgetting that the ballasts were in there, but to my surprise they were fine afterwards. Worked for another year. Ended up selling the car, and kept the lights and the ballasts. I bought a motorcycle which I them immediately slapped the old kit into. They lit right up and did their job for another year or so. I ended up laying the bike down at 30mph on a turn, (F the potholes around here :sigh: ) .. and noticed when I stood it up, that oil was draining all over the place and right into my front fairing where the ballasts were.. I took them out, cleaned them off, and sold the bike.. A few months later, I got a new car, and the bulbs were a different size then my old HID kit.. But I didn't care, I made them fit, and with a little work, I had those suckers lighting up again. This lasted for about another year, and then FINALLY.. My thought to be indestructible HID kit, had it's last leg. I'm not to sure what happened, But I believe one of the HID bulbs slipped out of the headlight housing, and something bad happened.... Here's pictures of the connection where the HID kit was plugged into:

0wSsrXq.png

Completely fried itself.. With a little testing, I discovered the passenger side ballast was done. Both lights still worked, but the ballast was no more. (And it was probably due to me forcing a bulb in the wrong socket.. but hey, gotta do what you gotta do sometimes!)

I will be ordering a replacement ballast soon :D

Also check out my volt meter that I got off Ebay for like 99 cents... Pretty sweet!

9lvrkup.jpg

The only DDM kits I've been around have been subpar to say the least. Not to mention their support is all but nonexistent. You've been pretty lucky IMO

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Hey, I hear you on the support. I've actually never tried to contact them, but I completely disagree with their whole new policy on how "shipping and billing address must match!".. I tried to order my girlfriend (Who lives in FL) a set and have them shipped to her house, but JESUS... They make that impossible! Lost a sale there...

Archived