Second Skin Audio

First time building box.

xh3mpx

hey guys. Im looking to build a box for my car, It's a 2005 nissan sentra . I want to make a Ported box for 3 12's tuned to around 33hz

could someone possibly help me with the dimensions and such? The max width I can have is 39"

the Height i can go up to around 16" and the max depth I could fit in my trunk is 17"

Find Torres calculator it's pretty BA.

That seems like very little airspace for some 12's. that's under 5 cu ft not even considering sub displacement.

Do you already have the subs and is that within their specs?

Also, I'm not too familiar with your car but I know it's small. Make sure the box you build will fit through the opening you have available. You don't want to get caught not being able to get it in the trunk.

Its enough room for 2 12s ported, or 3 12s sealed.

You need to figure if you can actually get the box INTO the trunk with a width of 39" and your other dimensions. You can build a cardboard mock up of the biggest possible rectangular box that FITS through the trunk opening, and then give us those measurements so we know what you have to work with.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You could also build it in the trunk, but that would be rough for someone on their first box with no help, and not practical for some people.

Archived