UBL: Lbox88's 2009 Equinox

After this vid I did another coat or two while everything was still kinda tacky and I think I am happy with the front now :D
IMG_2804.jpg
IMG_2805.jpg
Looks good to me now
IMG_2807.jpg
Going to let this cure for 24 hours and then cover it up and start working on the bedliner coat on the rest of the box. Once I get a new sub later I can do a better paint job than this, but having this old box to work on as a tester will help so I don't fudge things up on the new one.

I forgot to take pics of the new battery, but here is the old one lol
IMG_2815.jpg
I put the new one on the charger as soon as I got home and topped it off before I put it in, and then reconnected the charger once it was in to keep it topped off while I did some other things with the car.
IMG_2814.jpg
Also bedlined the bottom of the box and sides. The can ran out just in the nick of time after these photos were taken.
IMG_2811.jpg
IMG_2812.jpg
IMG_2813.jpg

So, ran wire today. Have some pictures, but after a few I kinda was just working along and didn't take too many pics part way through. Will be going back out tonight after the wifey passes out, sill snag some more pics then.
IMG_2825.jpg
IMG_2827.jpg
IMG_2826.jpg
IMG_2828.jpg
IMG_2829.jpg
IMG_2830.jpg
After I got it up into the engine bay, I coiled up the excess in the back. I will DEFINITELY have some loft over lol.
IMG_2835.jpg
Here's one of the terminals I crimped on for connecting to the battery.
IMG_2834.jpg
IMG_2832.jpg
IMG_2833.jpg
IMG_2831.jpg

Will get some more later and with this much done, should have it either hooked up tonight or tomorrow.

Went out and worked on the car for a whiiiiile. About 10 after 2am. All I should have to do in the morning is zip tie some wires for safety and throw on 2 fuses. :twirl:
IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

Before battery, amp, sub, and box
IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

After everything in. Basically no drop at all.
IMG_2850.jpg

Fuse ready and waiting to go in :)
IMG_2851.jpg

And had to add teh STICKERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!
IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

And the Pièce de résistance
IMG_2854.jpg

Fuse in and wire zip tied
IMG_2855.jpg

Fuse in
IMG_2856.jpg

With cover
IMG_2857.jpg

Where I mounted the remote bass knob
IMG_2858.jpg

I have to figure out somewhere to put my volt meter now
IMG_2859.jpg

What keeps me from being a zombie in the morning
IMG_2860.jpg

How the rear looks from the front seat
IMG_2861.jpg

PCM controlled alt was only messing with me a little bit.
IMG_2863.jpg

And I had to get rid of the dealership sticker. Shit was pissing me off.
IMG_2865.jpg
IMG_2866.jpg

forgot to get this pic before. All I need to do right now is find a good spot to mount my volt meter and then I can put the beauty panel back on that covers this spot up.
IMG_2867.jpg
This also shows how they did a layer of padding under all the carpet in the car, makes it pretty damn quiet when driving down the road compared to my old Malibu or my wife's Escape.

GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :madsign::jon:

So I heard some rattling on the way home and it turns out a panel has popped loose already.

And I fail at posting a clip from my phone. If someone can fix it I would appreciate it.

Then I go to post it here from my computer and it turns out the updates last night killed my laptop from what I can tell.

Ok, so I took the door panel apart, peeled back the liner and found a loose nut and one nut that fell off. Both are tightened down now and good to go. Here's a video for now, I'll fix the links and add pictures tomorrow when I get to my work computer.

Looks right now like I'll need to get a new computer. Probably go to worst buy tomorrow with my laptop and see what they can do, but if you guys know of a laptop my local stores carry that is fairly cheap and decent, let me know.

Archived