big dee Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Damn bro I swear it looks like your box has been in a major fire an was pulled out at the last min lol what's all over the out side of it?
soundstream15 Posted August 16, 2013 Author Report Posted August 16, 2013 Haha, the carpet the guy used was house carpet so it had some rubber sticky shit or something under it and that's the result I got lol
big dee Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 O yea I know what your talking about lol hit it with 80 grit then rhino line that bad boy
scooter99 Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 You may also want to consider using a layer of glass along the joints too on the inside. Reason I say this, is because if that happened there, and he used too small of screws, it's bound to happen to the rest of the box too. A nice overlapping layer or two of glass with resin, will do wonders for strength. I agree with the sanding and painting or something. Nice fix though man. Should hold up. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
soundstream15 Posted August 16, 2013 Author Report Posted August 16, 2013 You may also want to consider using a layer of glass along the joints too on the inside. Reason I say this, is because if that happened there, and he used too small of screws, it's bound to happen to the rest of the box too. A nice overlapping layer or two of glass with resin, will do wonders for strength. I agree with the sanding and painting or something. Nice fix though man. Should hold up. Thanks! I put the carpet back on, it's like I never took it off lol didn't take it the whole way off, but as for the other screws. I took one out and it was a little longer then the ones along the baffle and on the one side. So those are the ones that got replaced with bigger ones and put more in. As for the rest of the box, there where enough screws and it was very solid and strong. Just seemed to be that one side and the baffle. It's all fixed up, played it full tilt and sounds great! It's like he built everything else strong as hell besides the baffle and the side. The one side, the glue started to come off and screws where too so glad we seen that to fix it. Very happy with the results.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.