Second Skin Audio

fixed my broken baffle, wanna know what went wrong? pics are here

You may also want to consider using a layer of glass along the joints too on the inside. Reason I say this, is because if that happened there, and he used too small of screws, it's bound to happen to the rest of the box too. A nice overlapping layer or two of glass with resin, will do wonders for strength.

I agree with the sanding and painting or something.

Nice fix though man. Should hold up.

You may also want to consider using a layer of glass along the joints too on the inside. Reason I say this, is because if that happened there, and he used too small of screws, it's bound to happen to the rest of the box too. A nice overlapping layer or two of glass with resin, will do wonders for strength.

I agree with the sanding and painting or something.

Nice fix though man. Should hold up.

Thanks! I put the carpet back on, it's like I never took it off lol didn't take it the whole way off, but as for the other screws. I took one out and it was a little longer then the ones along the baffle and on the one side. So those are the ones that got replaced with bigger ones and put more in. As for the rest of the box, there where enough screws and it was very solid and strong. Just seemed to be that one side and the baffle. It's all fixed up, played it full tilt and sounds great! It's like he built everything else strong as hell besides the baffle and the side.

The one side, the glue started to come off and screws where too so glad we seen that to fix it. Very happy with the results.

Archived