soundstream15 Posted August 14, 2013 Report Posted August 14, 2013 So I noticed a rattling sound from my box I was cleaning out my trunk. Volume was low so I turned it up a little more and it rattled like hell, so I pushed in on the box between the subs and it makes a squeeking noise. Well I doubt there's screws there bc it would have nothing to go into, it's not double baffled, would it be ok to add MDF to the back of it to make it stronger? Would this mess up the CU feet of the box or anything?Also when I push in on it that noise goes away, sadly I'm loosing DBzzzz since box is flexing
scooter99 Posted August 14, 2013 Report Posted August 14, 2013 It would cause you're taking up space, but there's got to be something else amiss if you're squeaking when pushing on it, and it's rattling when playing. Something is loose and slapping (insert that's what she said joke). I would maybe explore a bit more, at all joints around the baffle, around subs, and then if nothing, maybe remove subs and continue to look. You could beef up the baffle from the outside and not effect interior footage. Is there any bracing in there? Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Skullz Posted August 14, 2013 Report Posted August 14, 2013 Probably going to have to pull the box out and pull the baffle off, clean it and re glue it back on and that may fix that problem but you best bet would be to build a new one. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
soundstream15 Posted August 14, 2013 Author Report Posted August 14, 2013 ^ ah dude don't tell me that lol Everywhere else is solid it just seems to be in the middle there, between the subs. I'll have to take the subs out and look...kinda pissed bc I have money saved up for a HO alt and if I need someone to build me a box I'm gonna cry lol I can't build a box..
scooter99 Posted August 14, 2013 Report Posted August 14, 2013 Why not? No tools, no room, or no skillz? Or all the above? Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
soundstream15 Posted August 14, 2013 Author Report Posted August 14, 2013 All the above lol rather have someone that knows what they are doing. A friend built this box but he made it for my 1200rms amp and not 3.5k he said
scooter99 Posted August 14, 2013 Report Posted August 14, 2013 Well that might be part of the problem. If you're running 3500 watts, and the box wasn't built strong enough, you're probably seeing some effects from that with this rattle. A double baffle would do you alot of good actually. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Wicks Posted August 14, 2013 Report Posted August 14, 2013 Sounds exactly like what mine just did.... Check my build log in my Sig on the details of how I fixed mine. NOT easy, but then re-building a new box isn't either (especially if you have to build it in the trunk like I did). Best of luck! This post sent with 100% recycled electrons. 2004 BMW M3Mechman 280A 2 - XS Power XP30001 - XS Power D375 500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F) iPadMini2Dash mounted O-scopeAudison bitOne (Remote DRC MP) Highs Amp - PPI Art A404 Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...) DC Audio DC9.0K 2- DC Audio XL12m2LEGAL - 147.3dB @ 41Hz OUTLAW - 150.2dB @ 45Hz OUTLAW - 145.7dB @ 30Hz JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER 2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER SOTM BUILD:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026
soundstream15 Posted August 14, 2013 Author Report Posted August 14, 2013 I post in your build log man! And yes what I'm gonna do is find the prob and fix it, maybe a few screws came loose not really sure but I'm going to add a another baffle on the front, gonna resin that bitch so it's strong and might vinyl wrap it or paint it. I don't want to add to the inside since that will mess it up.
kingsuv Posted August 14, 2013 Report Posted August 14, 2013 Friends don't let friends build boxes Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.