'98 full size ford van build

Settle down guys, no walls of woofers or jiggawatt amps. This is my daily driver handicapped van. I'm maintaining my stock electrical system.

I haven't had a system since before I became paralyzed in '01, so I'm sitting on some old school equipment I'll use. I have no money, so I have to use what I've got. I would really like 2 sets of components for my doors, maybe down the road.

Here's a system run down-

4 infinity 5x7 reference coaxials going in the front door

4 JL Audio 12w6 subs (the originals!)

1 crossfire cfa-1000d amp (will be run at .75 ohms, should be good for 1200rms)

1 crossfire cfa-404 amp, 50x4 rms (will only use 2 channels for all 4 fronts, ran at 2x75rms)

Alpine 9807 ( top of the line in '01, defeatable internal amp and "blackout mode" for SQ, 3x4 volt pre outs)

1 Big ass box. 3.5 cubes per sub, slot ported, tuned at 35hz

This will be a slow build. I am disabled and rely on friends to do the work. I'm just bored now, and wanted to start the build thread. I only have pics of the subs for now. I'll get more pics as I go. Oh, and hi everybody, I am Harold.

DSC01243_zpsdd0680aa.jpg

DSC01246_zps7bd26739.jpg

I didn't build the box, it was bought off craiglist for $80. My buddy picked it up for me. If I had gone along I wouldn't have bought it. The upper 2 chambers are slightly larger than the bottom 2 because of the angle. The baffle seems to be chipboard and the ports are fricken' plywood. I'm going to add a baffle and brace it where I can. Luckily I'm only running the jl's at 300 watts a piece so I don't need the strongest box in the world. If my legs still worked I would have built one badass box. I miss installing. My best install was 3 image dynamics 12's in the trunk of a convertible 2000 ss camaro. I had to build that box in place to get enough volume. Kick panels with 6.5 components. Gloss black trim panels and kicks to match the triple black camaro. Ah the good 'ol days!

• 8 months later...

Nothing has been done but buying stuff. I upgraded all the speakers. I will now be running a full set of Boston Acoustic 5 1/4" components and an Acoustic Research 8" in each front door. I also went from JL Audio 12"s to Boston Acoustics G2 15"s!

bost3_zps74983f39.jpg

141EE4B3494F0000FA100002-attachment-1-IM

bost4_zps2baa25e6.jpg

• 3 months later...

After like 6 months of nagging, I got my one buddy to screw the subwoofers into my subwoofer box. My friends keep saying they'll help me get this build done, but no help comes my way. Everybody is so god damned busy.

Anyway, here are the boston g2 15's mounted and in my van. After they were mounted with the box standing up we decided to see if the box would fit on it's side, so I could still use my rearview mirror. Well, it fit on its side. So the woofers are in sideways. The alpha sonic grills didn't fit exactly, and the holes didn't line up with the boston's holes, so those are installed with spacers made out of brake line and clocked to the right a little. Whatever. Woofers are in. I pray this shitty box sounds okay. Awful narrow ports...

I should have the doors done and amps in by 2018...

aaawoofer_zps9acb3dc0.jpg

Archived