Calibasshead Posted August 15, 2013 Report Posted August 15, 2013 Hey guys im new on this forum and need help with this enclosure. I have searched but i am still a tad bit confused. The last time I built an enclosure i used the RE box calculator and i have since found out that the RE box calculator is a little bit off. My plans for an enclosure is 5.1ft^3 tuned to 30 hz. Subs going in the box will be two SSA Gcon 12's. Their displacement is .15 each. I plugged numbers into Torres and im getting dimensions of 17"H X 35"W X 24"D. Port is 4.5" wide, 15.5" D and 30" long. I only need help with the two port wall pieces. Torres doesnt give the dimensions for those so i am trying to figure it out myself. I am getting measurements of side 1 at 18"W X 15".5 H. And for side 2, I am getting 6" W X 15.5"H Can anyone confirm this for me? Any help is greatly appreciated.
CleanSierra Posted August 16, 2013 Report Posted August 16, 2013 Throw your box specs that you have from Torres, into the RE calculator. The tuning will be different and you will manually have to manipulate the TOTAL PORT LENGTH setting in the RE calculator, but it will give you an exact cut sheet. Don't pay attention to what RE says you are tuned to. Just Write down the dimensions of the cut sheet. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Calibasshead Posted August 16, 2013 Author Report Posted August 16, 2013 Thank you both for the quick replies
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.