Big Build, Big Car

I have a 1970 Monte carlo thats undergoing a huge revamp atm, and id like a little input on the system that ive chosen to do on her, below ate the components that ive decided upon thus far but am up for changes on most of them. And btw my names mike but everyone calls me kid.

6 eminence beta 8a's 150hz-3500hz

2 10 inch subs (forgot name but their recommended for a 1inch enclosure and play from 20 to 200 np) will be using these from 60hz-hz

6 super tweeters , thinking crescendo, but idk, will play 3200hz-20khz

1 18inch zcon or other,

Sub into trunk port thrpugh back deck firing into cab.

So far as amps and xovers go im stuck on just the bc5500 but am planning on painting the heat sink.

Any suggestions would be nice.

Btw electrical is big 3, 320 amp custom modded alt, and 4 duralast batts in the trunk, i have a soundstream 2500 amp on 2 p2 15s atm and never drop below 14volts while slammed, i can add 1 more pair of batteries if need be.

Any input would be great and thanks for the help.

You will not see a 150 from the trunk of that car. Especislly with 1 18

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It doesnt have to be exact, but +-3 db is fine with me. Is there any suggestions you could give me on what would be a better setup? 2 15s for instance.

And forgive me for asking, but why wouldnt i see 150? Nearly 6k watts is alot of power. Could you explain to me what particularly ould be holding me back? Im eager to learn

Car is too big and doesnt lend itself to being loud. Seats dont fold etc. The big bodies are just rattlw traps and without a wall dont do good numbers I dont think the zcon will take 5500 all day either. Thats alot of power to throq at it. Two zcons sure thing but not one.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Strange. So even with complete deadening, and with a port firing up from the trunk through the deck and into the cab i would still not receive good scores?

I was thinking of doing the ssa evil if thr zcon wouldn't handle the power

My car has a trunk very similar to yours with the big hump behind the seat. I have hit a 146.2 sealed on the dash with 2 15's and 3k. It's a lot of work to get there. Trust me. I would go with 4 12's or 2 15's. My next move will be 4 12's on mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpj5Gd4wlFc

87 Caprice twin-turbo 6.0

2 DC 15 xl's

Sundown 3k

96 Volvo 850r

3 15's on 9k - no wall

154.3db legal

www.youtube.com/boostdoctor

www.facebook.com/boostdoctor

Awww. Well that sucks... And yea trust me im familiar with thd hump lol but j have a box built with two 15s noq that is built around the hump.

I banged it down about two inches so my hump isnt as large now but my nox is 8cubes and it goes up around thr hump, and around the support bars for the trunk lid brackets.

Do you think 2ssa zcon 15s on a bc 5500 would hit closer to 150 vs the single 18 evil? Ive seen lots of.people run two zcons.pff the 5500 no problem.

Second issue would be box size. As it sits, with my harbor freight 300 piece socket set, and 4 batts, its getting pretty cramped. Hpw much bigger.would the 2zcon box need to be? And since im over powering them and port length is no problem since it has to travel nearly 12inches into the cab, could i compemsate box size for port length?

Thank all of you for helping me and gicing me advice

Archived