ROLEXrifleman Posted August 23, 2013 Author Report Posted August 23, 2013 t2500bdcp Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
ROLEXrifleman Posted August 23, 2013 Author Report Posted August 23, 2013 I'm done. I'm squeezing this in one way or another. Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Krakin Posted August 23, 2013 Report Posted August 23, 2013 That's what I just finished with. You should get a lot of air around tuning. Peaking at 34hz. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Krakin Posted August 23, 2013 Report Posted August 23, 2013 It is using the port bend right there to get a 36hz tuning with only a 19" depth. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
ROLEXrifleman Posted August 23, 2013 Author Report Posted August 23, 2013 I plugged the numbers in with 2 common walls so I can put the port in the middle. not sure how much that effects everything. Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Krakin Posted August 23, 2013 Report Posted August 23, 2013 I would suggest a splitting "V" I guess if you do. Also you should have to extend the port some amount, not sure how much right now because I haven't worked it out. But If you can fit in 22" deep that might help it bring it back down. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
ROLEXrifleman Posted August 23, 2013 Author Report Posted August 23, 2013 At this point I don't care. I'll build it with the port on one end and the subs together. Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Krakin Posted August 23, 2013 Report Posted August 23, 2013 Sounds like you been bassless haha. I really don't think it will matter either way you go. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
ROLEXrifleman Posted August 23, 2013 Author Report Posted August 23, 2013 I've racked my brain long enough. There's only so much my Boston 6x9's can do!! The 2 12w7's can go in the box as you picture it above. I'm fine with that. I'll put the port side behind the passengers seat. That box is a little over 2 cubes per sub and that port is gonna have to do with the port area. Tuning isn't as low as i wanted but what can you do. So you came up with 34hz on that box? 15x34x22 OD with a 4Wx13.5Hx19D port? Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Krakin Posted August 23, 2013 Report Posted August 23, 2013 If you would feel like waiting I'll look at it tomorrow. Just PM me you maximum dimensions, car, you know everything that matters. I've already got all the parameters of the subs. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.