Audiofanaticz PC "upgrading watercooling Page12" updated 2/3/16

Funny you say that, because heres a test saying that cheap watery stuff failed pretty bad. And then you can search overclock.net forums and find a test completely different, then go to toms hardware and find another contradicting test to those.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/geek_tested_17_thermal_pastes_face

I had a tube of mx-4, as well as a tube from my old thermalright cooler, but they were on E , the local pc shop had as5, so thats what I was forced to get.

If I order some, it probably be IC Diamond 7.

Really when it comes down to it, its mostly going to depend on method for applying and how much you apply.

The corsairs stock compound just seemed to be way too much when its a over a mm thick from what it looks like.

Less is more. Gobbing a ton of paste on your cpu isnt going to make it cool better its going to make it cool worse.

As for your i5 statement..

Again you can find tests all over the web, a lot of them showing the highest i5 compared to the fx8350 equal, and the fx being a way better value because its cheaper.

But again just like the various thermal paste tests, the processor tests are the same way... take everything you read with a grain of salt.

I have an I7, im not to impressed with its performance in my laptop, maybe due to it being a mobile chip, but still.

I like my amd processors, I like my asus motherboards, I like my asus and evga video cards, and my corsair memory and power supplies.

Now if anyone is going to buy me the said gear that is better in this thread then I will love it, maybe even love it even more since its your wallet doing the talking, not mine...... Otherwise its just another Sundown VS DC audio type deal.

Its funny because you dont see this kinda crap on overclock.net with amd users being told to buy intel or vice verse.

New video card is in the works, but its not the bottle neck on the system currently, so Im going to buy a SSD first and then maybe get a real watercooling loop because this h80i is fairly weak

If anything lets see your pc mark results, or whatever program you use to benchmark (freeware or trial programs, because Im not about to spend money on a program right now) LOL

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The h100i is great!

The h80i, not so much in various tests ive seen. My old air cooler (thermalright siler aarow) blew the h80i out of the water, both coolers where running noctua fans in the test, but even still.. Thats sad for a water cooler.

The video i posted earlier, h80i vs h100i, vs the theremalright air cooler.

Fanaticz I have some old custom watercooling gear if you are interested. a 3x120mm Double Thick XSPC Rad. A Phobya (250ml I think?) reservoir. 1/2" tubing. XSPC Raystorm waterblock, and a Phobya pump. And 1/2" compression fittings

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Ill have to roll with this h80 only got it 2 weeks ago off amazon ive changed mine aroud so it acts as a exhaust temps seem slightly better aswell but was still expecting more tbh

Yup Im noticed the same thing too. I really wish newegg would of let me upgrade it to the h100i.

Guess I should of did my research prior on the cooler.. LOL

But its holding great and running fine at 5.1, but under 100% load temps are getting too close to 60degrees Celsius for my liking.

Fanaticz I have some old custom watercooling gear if you are interested. a 3x120mm Double Thick XSPC Rad. A Phobya (250ml I think?) reservoir. 1/2" tubing. XSPC Raystorm waterblock, and a Phobya pump. And 1/2" compression fittings

hit me up with a pm and pics. prob buy new tubing, but who knows.

Will do. When I get home tomorrow.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

sounds good man.

any reason your not using it anymore?

Ill have to check clearence in the case to see if i can fit a 3by120 rad, but hell, a reason for a new case? :D

So the res, rad, and fittings Im most likely interested in, the waterblock dont seem to work withh am3+, or amd in general. :(

sounds good man.

any reason your not using it anymore?

Ill have to check clearence in the case to see if i can fit a 3by120 rad, but hell, a reason for a new case? :D

So the res, rad, and fittings Im most likely interested in, the waterblock dont seem to work withh am3+, or amd in general. :(

Not much of a gamer anymore. And I had a laptop gifted to me as a graduation present and it plays the few games I want just fine. And I thought the waterblock would work with AMD? It has an AMD kit with it. Lemme see. Idk it's been forever since I've dealt with the WC loop.

Just checked, says it only suports as high as AM3. But AM3 and AM3+ are almost basically the same, aren't they?

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Archived