Sundown Audio

Soundstream DTR1.900D?

Ryan_Kao

Well alright! Im a member of many forums, but this is my first car audio forum! I'm extremely excited to get to know the community!
Here we go, my first post!

Alright so, I'm here very soon going to be in the process of a new budget build for a car I just bought. I saw budget because, well, I'm a kid, with not much income, so I can't really afford to much. Anyways, I'm going to be quite limited due to the electrical system I have. The stock alternator of the 1999 Subaru Outback Sport is rated for 70amps. A bit depressing honestly. But gotta work with what I got. The amplifier I'm looking into is the Soundstream DTR1.900D. Yes I realize that this amp is discontinued, but if I remember right, the D-Tower series amps put out some nice clean true power. I may be wrong, if so please correct me. I found a great deal on this amp so it fits perfectly in my "budget" price range. My main question is, will this amp put out good power at 1ohm? (what im planning to wire it down to), and will my 70amp Alt, and an older Die Hard Gold series battery, be able to handle it!
I do eventually plan to upgrade the starter battery, and add in a small secondary, something like a little Kinetik HC600.

Bad images, I know. Taken with my phone in low light.

AZBopHz.jpg

RsU020M.jpg

Build in progress:

-Pioneer Premiere DEH-P49OIB

_Kenwood Excelon KFCX173 6.75"

-Kenwood KFC-1094PS 4"

-DB Link 4AWG

-Soundstream DTR1.900D

-Obsidian Audio v2 12" D2 @1ohm

-L-Port, 2.5cubes @32hz

e2UKYwN.jpghmKMwm6.jpg

CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE

The DTR amp´s are well known and a good choice for a budget build.

Your doubt´s about your electrical system is right, 70 amp alt and old batt is weak for your plan´s.

In my opinion, you have to do the http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/13280-how-to-do-the-big-3-tutorial/ and change your die hard batt, threw a biggest

baddest car-audio batt that you can fit. Here a link to a batt on sale (100$ under average Ebay price) http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16769_Stinger-SPV70.html

you can save aditional 10 % if you about V-me. If you can place the batt from the messurment´s, get these batt, Killerdeal. Stinger is the only car-audio batt

that is comparable to XS-Power (quote from Nathan from XS-Power).

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Depending on how much you want to spend I personally would get a alt first. People here will say get your electrical squared away first then build your system up. Electrical will cost more then your system will just a FYI

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Depending on how much you want to spend I personally would get a alt first. People here will say get your electrical squared away first then build your system up. Electrical will cost more then your system will just a FYI

Seems like a H/O Alt is very expensive for my car. Not sure I can afford it. What about adding a second battery, or replacing the current one? I could maybe afford to get like a Kinetik HC600, and do the big 3? Would that sefice?

Build in progress:

-Kenwood KFC-1094PS 4"

-DB Link 4AWG

-Soundstream DTR1.900D

-L-Port, 2.5cubes @32hz

e2UKYwN.jpghmKMwm6.jpg

CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE

Big 3 is just about a must, also upgrading your battery would help a lot also. But when I was looking to do all that in my last car the battery was almost as much as the Alt from mechman. But with the big3 and upgraded batt it will help but that old 70 amp alt will still be a problem because it is old and most likely not doing its job properly and putting the whole 70 amps out. My old car had a 110 amp and with 600watts the lights dimmed pretty bad. Now my new car 1200w and not really dimming at all.

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Big 3 is not going to improve anything with a 70 amp alternator. Maybe run a 4 gauge off it to battery to start. Try putting a XS D3400 up front stay away from amps that are going to eat power. I would get a 5 channel amp and call it quits till you get alternator.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I put in a request to Mechman on a quote for a 150amp alt for my car! If all goes well, I will do that first, then if my current battery has good diagnostics, I'll add a small second (HC600), if its bad, I'll get a full on big battery for upfront and call it good. Then buy the other stuff (Sub, box build). I've already purchased the DTR1.900, as well as 4ga wiring. Was hoping for 1/0ga, but the max inputs on the amp are 4. Oh well.

Build in progress:

-Kenwood KFC-1094PS 4"

-DB Link 4AWG

-Soundstream DTR1.900D

-L-Port, 2.5cubes @32hz

e2UKYwN.jpghmKMwm6.jpg

CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE

Cool man hope its not to much at least the cost of a battery lol. But that 170amp alt will make a huge difference in your audio

141 on music.

Check out b stock things man sundown E's, AQ or SQ stuff, skar, ssa... The for sale section on the forum... That is after the alternator.

You'll do fine i think if you follow through on that electrical like your saying.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Archived