Sonic Electronix

bass amp has a gain control but also has a input sensitivity switch wtf?

Amp is memphis mc1.1500 ..this is something I dnt understand here. It has a gain control as all amps do but there is also a switch that slides back and forth that says input sensitivity. Left side says 1x. Right side says 10x. Can some one explain to me what does it control and where should I have it set? My settings on amp are as follows. Lpf_80hz ..gain 0.7v which results in pulse of 28-40volts outputting from the speaker wire connections. Which is making 1200-1500watts rms..Subsonic set at 37hz..bass boost 1/3 ..enclosure is tuned to 38hz. Head unit bass curve set at 80hz..so whats up with the input sensitivity switch?

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

The gain control adjusts the amount of signal required to drive the amplifier to full output .With the gain at maximum (full clockwise rotation), less signal voltage Is required to drive the amp to full output. With the gain at minimum (full counter -clockwise rotation), more signal voltage Is required to drive the amp to full output.
The gain Is adjustable from either 1OOmV-1Vor 1V-1OV range. With Is Selected with the lox multiplier switch. Put the Is with In x1 to select either 1OOmV-1V or x 10 to select 1V-10V.

Make Sense?

99 Navi C-Pillar Wall

2 Sundown Audio Zv4 18's D1

PPI components

1 Rockford Fosgate power T400.4

1 Crescendo 5500 (for now, another later)

3 XS Power 3400's

AlphaNav double din HU

Don't over complicate this. What is your voltage output from your deck ( or source) feeding the sub? That voltage is what you should set your switch to.

SO.....

If your deck outputs LESS than 1 volt switch it to 1x

If your deck outputs ABOVE 1 volt and less than 10 set it to 10x

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Very different. 1x takes the input sensitivity numbers at face value. 10x multiplies them by 10. Do you have a way to check the voltage of your RCA's? Does the gain have numbers that coincide with the position of the dial?

Archived