Sonic Electronix

2013 Honda Civic / wiring questions

My friend got a new car couple weeks ago and he wants to put a system in it.. He bought from his friend alpine amp and I AB 15" I believe its XFL .. the car does not have a stock sub so I dont think I could use adapter can I?

My question are

Do i really have to take the dash apart and plug the rca's to HU?

Where I should plug the Rem wire?

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

The real question is, does the stock head unit have RCA outputs? If not you would need adapters. As far as getting to the head unit, http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/audio-video-navi/1600-diy-stereo-install-w-pics.html - it's not as difficult as it looks, I promise. The remote wire will be tricky, you can either create your own remote switch, or splice into your factory wiring which I would never suggest you actually do. Someone else may be able to give you better information as far as the remote wire goes, I'm still pretty novice. I would suggest you get an aftermarket radio, which generally will have a remote lead you can use to your amps.

There are a lot of other people here with civics who could probably help you, I have an 8thgen civic, I'm sure 9thgencivic forums could teach you a lot about your car, though. (or your friends)

The dash does have to come apart to pull the head unit. As far as I know, stock radio shouldn't have rca's, so you'd have to use a lineout converter or something pricey like a Rockford 360 to incorporate stock radios into an aftermarket system.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

for the 8th gen you pull two panels, one under your steering wheel, then you unscrew screws for the panel above it and pull that (it's really that simple, tug first panel, unscrew second and tug second panel) and then you can pull the center panel that holds your entire HU straight out. (You don't take out the entire dash, just two plastic panels, then the panel that holds the HU)

and yeah, I didn't think it would have RCAs, my stock HU didn't in my 8th gen.

Archived