Memory leaking? Computers

Don't download from CNET. half the time you half to install their downloader, or they try to install mcaffe bullshit or some crap adware or toolbar and more than once i have gotten malware and virus warnings from Avast when trying to download something. Maybe they are false positives but i'd rather not take chances.

firefox has had a memory leak for YEARS. i have no idea if they fixed it yet though. my dad uses firefox and he can easily pull like 800 megs with one tab open.

Mine pulls about 4 GIGS. Not joking, but I usually have at least 100 tabs open (I open stuff to read or look at later, then never read them and just open the link in another new tab)

I use Pale Moon though (64-bit optimized version of Firefox)

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

All Browsers Tend to have Memory Leaks , But Most of the Time its a program or app Thats doing it, Or a Bad Version Of Adobe Flash ,Facebook Games Are A classic Example, take war commander for instance it dont matter what browser you are using after a few hours of game play You will need to Close Your Browser and restart it to get the mem usage under control, Its More Badly Written Apps Than The browsers Fault

You Must Also Rember That EVERYTHING you see on your Screen Is In Ram and has to be put in ram before you can See it, so if you have no Ram Left Your Computer Will Be Slow as it has to use the page file/ HDD or take stuff out of ram Before it can put any new Info On the Screen

8 Gigs is the magic Number for the everyday person , Unless your working with databases / video encoding you wont need more than this \

Firefox and Chrome are best for flash games Internet explorer is a Joke No matter What Version

What Is Going On With

Firefox has had a memory leak for years. On my work computer I frequently have 30+ IE windows open for weeks at a time. My work machine only has 8 gb of ram too, though Flash (youtube, etc) and Java VM's in the browser window tend to take up 300 meg+ of memory. Most I've ever seen a single window (no tabs) take up is 1.2 gb. I've seen a 64 bit firefox window take over 5gb.

Well, I went to sleep last night and now its even worse -_____-, Malwarebytes and Spybot didn't catch anything, Now I have to restart my browser every 15-30 minuets.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I should try that, I'll do it and let you know what happens, How do I save profiles on Firefox so that it doesn't delete bookmarks in toolbar?

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I should try that, I'll do it and let you know what happens, How do I save profiles on Firefox so that it doesn't delete bookmarks in toolbar?

there is an exporting tool in the bookmark manager.

Archived